Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/common.php on line 103
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 414

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 414

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 96
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2994: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2995: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2996: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2997: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
Gears of War 2 Forums

It is currently Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:59 am
Welcome to the Gears of War 2 Community Forum...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before you can post Comments / Threads you must first Register with our community. It takes 2 minutes of your time, and will give you access to Member Only content, as well as bring you to an eligible state for our current, and upcoming contests/giveaways.

• Up to date news on Gears of War 2 before we upload to other sites
  • Chat about Gears of War 2 in our brand new Shoutbox for members only!
  • Access special areas in the forum only available to registered members
  • Have a range of new skins to choose from.
  • Finally make friends and have fun discussion all things Gears of War 2!
  • Post and make new threads without being flamed,
  • Post Safe knowing our forums are fully moderated 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
  • Registered members get Credits every time they post! You can use these Credits towards contests and game giveaways!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Register Today!
Disable This Message!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Gamesta COD247 - All Call of Duty, All the Time MW4 Forum

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Annoying Glitches, Problems, and Tactics
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:49 am 
COG Private First Class
COG Private First Class

In GoW 2 there are several pesty issues. There was another thread that pointed out grenade problems, so ill leave that out of this post. 1. GoW 1, i very, VERY, rarely saw two piecing, because half the time i didint work. In this game its a constant issue that never fails, unless one is playing against a 3 year old. 2. There are MAJOR shotgun issues. I can be so close to an enemy that my shot gun barrel is actually inside of their chest, pull the trigger, and nothing will happen. If I have an active, I can snipe with it. ???? 3. Players leaving. I know that its immpossible to stop players from leaving because they are losing, but with the new hosting system (Which, unlike GoW 1 where the host starts the game and everyone is aware that HE/SHE is the host, the host in GoW 2 is randomly selected), if the host that doesnt even kow that they are host leaves, it kicks everyone out. On the plus side, now if someone leaves, you still have your points, unlike GoW 1. 4. SHIELD GLITCHING. The games been out for months, FIX IT. Thats all i need to say. 5. Chainsawing is FUBAR in this game. If one shoots the chainsawer, the chainsawer either stumbles foward, chainsaw still raised mind you, or nothing happens at all. On the other hand, if one decides to chainsaw after taking a signifigant amount of damage, ( I mean, they havent activated the Lancer yet ) and they then decide to use their chainsaw, one just stumbles backward as if hit, though nothing has hit them besides the earlier assault. When I am confronted by a chainsawer, I think of 3 options, run, get an active and shoot (Takes too much time generally), or eniciate a chainsaw duel, which is, too me, a great part of the game. Those are just the problems that I have encountered in the 30 minutes I typed and symultainiously played GoW 2.

Post subject: Re: Annoying Glitches, Problems, and Tactics
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:20 am 
COG Lance Corporal
COG Lance Corporal

meat shields are WAY too effective. I'v seen 4 ppl taken down by one guy with a meat shield.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:37 pm 
COG Master Gunnery Sergeant
COG Master Gunnery Sergeant

ragnarok wrote:
meat shields are WAY too effective. I'v seen 4 ppl taken down by one guy with a meat shield.
Yes, they should probably only take enough damage for 1.5 or even 2 people before disintegrating, but still a good idea.
Rooster Illusion wrote:
2. There are MAJOR shotgun issues. I can be so close to an enemy that my shot gun barrel is actually inside of their chest, pull the trigger, and nothing will happen.

Here's a post of mine from another thread which I did some rigorous testing with the shotgun
Unromantic wrote:
*****The following information is related to Blindfires ONLY, issues related to the weapon while aiming with the reticle seems to only be a lag problem.

Okay I spent the better part of two hours working out the mechanics of the Gnasher, and what I found was really, really surprising. As it turns out, lag is not the issue at all. Neither is the weapon accuracy from a blindfire. For some reason, with the Gnasher (and I'm going to assume the Boomshot as they are very similar) there is a bug as to where the projectiles originate from in direct relation to the host.

I'm not talking about lag, I mean there's a serious programming error here that needs immediate addressing, for the sole sake that it just makes absolutely no sense. Although I don't use the Gnasher, this is game breaking for some (read:most) people. The only way I can describe this is with a function statement, so I've enlisted the help of cute little MS Paint action figures to help me explain.

As in game proximity to the host decreases, the projectiles lose their intended point of origin. Why this happens I can only imagine, but I'm guessing some lazy programmer is to blame. Honestly, I can't say I've seen anything like this before...

-

Doesn't make any sense at all. The only advice I can offer is don't blindfire the Gnasher/Boomshot if you aren't the host until this bug is resolved. So if you're worried that you can't seem to get the hang of the Shotgun, don't think it's because you're just terrible with it (I save that one for myself [biggrin.gif]).

The other issue you mentioned that has been game breaking for me is shield glitching. This needs to get fixed FAST.

(also Companion Cube ftw)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:04 pm 
COG Private First Class
COG Private First Class

The testing you did answers soo many questions, thanks. You're also correct, in my opinion with meat shield, great idea, bad execution of the idea. lol the pictures were great xD

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:16 am 
COG Private First Class
COG Private First Class

Sweet Jesus! I cannot play one match of GoW2 without some stupid glitch happening. wtf Epic?!?! You have no idea how tempting it is to Kung Fu flip, crab walk, smoke grenade glitch and etc!! Speaking of 'Smoke grenades', if the damn things can throw 200+ lb men around, shouldn’t they rupture a few internal organs?? Yeah Epic, forget frags! Lets just put some damage on the smokes and leave it at that! Oooh! I’ve got another idea! Lets make the grenade/boom shot explosion radius even MORE inconsistent! I’m looking forward to getting hurled 20 feet into the air by a smoke grenade on the other side of a wall, and I’m also looking forward to watching that Frag i just threw at that group of 4 people not do crap! And when I shoot someone DIRECTLY with a boom shot, I want the black hole generator installed in everyone’s chainsaw to EAT IT, along with the rest of the shells in my shotty! And I’m not some noob that can’t get a grip on the game, it happens to the opposing team as well. Just last game I got hit with a boom shot in the fucking chest and I took MINIMAL DAMAGE! Epic Games? More like Epic Fail! Pull your crap together Cliffy, the entire gaming community is waiting on that simple fucking patch that could fix all of this BS. Here’s a wonderful description of GoW 1. "A beautiful Mistake." It’s completely true. Hmmm what’s a good description of GoW 2? "A perfectly set up sequel with a great concept, then add one part same glitches as its predecessor, and 2 parts LAZY PROGRAMMING!" I am positive that at least one part of this rant can apply to everyone that plays GoW 2. Ill let everyone decide on what they agree, if not everything. I’d love someone from the Epic team to contact me. Email: hghscaboose@yahoo.com. If anyone out there wants to argue with me over one of my points, you can email or post. I’m willing to defend myself, it should be easy enough.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]