Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/common.php on line 103
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 414

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 414

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2994: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2995: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2996: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2997: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
Gears of War 2 Forums

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:28 am
Welcome to the Gears of War 2 Community Forum...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before you can post Comments / Threads you must first Register with our community. It takes 2 minutes of your time, and will give you access to Member Only content, as well as bring you to an eligible state for our current, and upcoming contests/giveaways.

• Up to date news on Gears of War 2 before we upload to other sites
  • Chat about Gears of War 2 in our brand new Shoutbox for members only!
  • Access special areas in the forum only available to registered members
  • Have a range of new skins to choose from.
  • Finally make friends and have fun discussion all things Gears of War 2!
  • Post and make new threads without being flamed,
  • Post Safe knowing our forums are fully moderated 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
  • Registered members get Credits every time they post! You can use these Credits towards contests and game giveaways!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Register Today!
Disable This Message!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Gamesta COD247 - All Call of Duty, All the Time MW4 Forum

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: Gears of War Likes and Dislikes
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:17 pm 

In my opinion Gears one is better than Gears 2.
I mean Gears two's campaign was fun and cool but when it came to the multiplayer its pretty much Gears one with new weapons and updates and better graphics.

DISLIKES :

- The new shotgun is trash.

- The matches are really laggy and the host always quits. WTF ? Where are the servers ??

- Most of the maps aren't really that great.

- The gameplay speed was slowed down. Your character doesn't run as fast and the slowing down thing when you get shot at is pretty dumb.

- That new grenade feature that lets you stick it on walls is the worst idea ever because people camp more making the game boring.

- The online ranking system is retarted as well because sometimes you get demoted when you start up matchmaking making no sense at all.

- Where the hell are the one shots ? Seriously i cannot tell you how many times i have been chainsawed because of no more one - shot kills. You only pull one - shots off at very random times and it sucks.

Seriously this game is not gonna last very long unless EPIC makes a patch for this. ( New Update is whatever ) Still going to play Gears of War

- The campaign is longer and more fun + with new characters and vehicles.

- The graphics are more realistic and on HD they look F***ing amazing !

- The wall bouncing is more smooth and you don't get stuck to them like in GOW.

- The chainsaw battle thing is pretty cool but everyone likes to chainsaw now so i don't even bother. [blink.gif]

- The pistol has a ( Across Map ) range like Halo 1's pistol. [shifty.gif]

Other than that if those problems were fixed i would play Gears of War 2 all day but sadly since EPIC only worked on the Matchmaking problems the game is not going to last long.

Comment with your opinions..

~ DecibaL

Last edited by DecibaL on Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:13 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Gears of War 2 = Garbage ?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:58 pm 
COG Sergeant Major
COG Sergeant Major

FOR ME
-Campaign was great
-The new shotgun, i adapted to it, but i still miss the old one
-Chainsaw, i dont know how many times ive blasted a guy and he keeps walking at me with the chainsaw and gets the kill
-The matchmaking is ridiculous depending on the number of the party. 2 people for wingman, 3 people you will find matches, 4 people is IMPOSSIBLY, and 5 of course you will find matches
-People have been camping more often now, i can see your point, players should plant grenades but still be IN the battle

THE TAKE OVER- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=914Su8J0EHY
MY BLINDFIRES- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czhtPXni8d4

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:16 pm 
COG Staff Sergeant
COG Staff Sergeant

I agree, the new shotgun is crap, i have gotten used to it, still get kills with it, but I really miss the shotgun from gears 1. The lag crap is so frustrating, when it was just weapon lag, i could adjust to it, the lag in gears 2 is so bad you dont know what the hell is going on, and I know it aint my conection, I have a 30 meg down 10 meg up business cable connection. And it pisses me off when your in a ranked game, killing the other team, and the host quits, where the hell are the servers??? they only answer I could come up with for the hiding punks out there was to have all 5 members in party chat so when that last punk is hiding your teammates can call him out and where he planted his greanades. I understand epic was trying to make the game bigger and better, but making it more like halo is not the key, im willing to bet if they keep everything the same from gears 1 and added a few weapons, made it 5v5 or even 6v6, added new maps, made a damn server from mp, everybody would love it. and dont get me twisted, I love playing gears, both 1 and 2, and I will continue to play gears 2, its just I think gears 1 was the better for mp, and it just my 2 cents as a gears head

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:45 pm 
COG Sergeant Major
COG Sergeant Major

i just hope they fix everything, before the end of the year, ya dig

THE TAKE OVER- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=914Su8J0EHY
MY BLINDFIRES- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czhtPXni8d4

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:27 pm 

Yeah no doubt.
If they don't fix it then ill just go back to Gears one

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:39 am 
COG Private First Class
COG Private First Class

went back to gears one after a couple of days

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:03 am 
COG Private First Class
COG Private First Class

I completely agree with this entire page they lied 2 us about the ridiculous lag, they lied 2 us about host advantage, and i couldve swore that people were not gonna b able 2 roadie run us anymore. and at least on the 1st gears when sumbody would try 2 cut you and u shot them they would drop there blade now it doesnt matter what u do youre going to get chainsawed. Cliffy jus told everybody all that crap jus 2 get more sells honestly he couldve jus given us new characters wit new maps and a couple new weapons and it wouldve sold jus as many. They took all the skill out of the game and made it where ANYBODY!! can pick up the game whether they plaid the 1st one or not but ANYBODY!! kan get kills now. How do u go backwards with mp game play?? thanx Cliffy for disappointing youre most loyal skilld players!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:08 am 
COG Sergeant
COG Sergeant

i agree with you on the idiocracy of the chainsaw and the lowered power of the shotgun, but being slowed down when your gettin shot is perfect. it totally creates a new element of taking cover.

Post subject: the first secret of success
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:38 am 
COG Private First Class
COG Private First Class
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

self-trust is the first secret of success.

----------------------------
THE website offer Fast and Secure wow powerleveling service. wow power leveling 60-70, Cheap WoW gold 10000G. The Professional wow power leveling! Powerlevel now. WOrld of warcraft Power Leveling, World Of Warcraft gold bloom of true love associated with this time of year! Warcraft gold,

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]