Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/common.php on line 103
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 414

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 414

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2994: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2995: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2996: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2997: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
Gears of War 2 Forums

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:23 am
Welcome to the Gears of War 2 Community Forum...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before you can post Comments / Threads you must first Register with our community. It takes 2 minutes of your time, and will give you access to Member Only content, as well as bring you to an eligible state for our current, and upcoming contests/giveaways.

• Up to date news on Gears of War 2 before we upload to other sites
  • Chat about Gears of War 2 in our brand new Shoutbox for members only!
  • Access special areas in the forum only available to registered members
  • Have a range of new skins to choose from.
  • Finally make friends and have fun discussion all things Gears of War 2!
  • Post and make new threads without being flamed,
  • Post Safe knowing our forums are fully moderated 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
  • Registered members get Credits every time they post! You can use these Credits towards contests and game giveaways!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Register Today!
Disable This Message!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Gamesta COD247 - All Call of Duty, All the Time MW4 Forum

Post subject: How did you become a Gear Head?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:20 am 
COG Sergeant
COG Sergeant
 WWW  Profile

I'm asking all my fellow Gear heads (a fan of Gears of War) out their to tell the world how did this game became a part of your life.

For me It started when I was over a good friend of mine house to play some games on his 360 one weekend. He told me that he have Gears of War and I should try it. So I did and that was it me for the next few weekends come over his house to play Gears until beat it. Not long after that he told me that Gears 2 will becoming out soon and when he get it I will be the first one to play it other then him that is and true to his word I was over his house playing Gears 2 that weekend and Now I have my own 360 your all can guess what was the first 2 games I got for it. [biggrin.gif]

Post subject: Re: How did you become a Gear Head?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:29 am 
COG Gunnery Sergeant
COG Gunnery Sergeant

well it started for me when gears 1 first came out me and my brother just saw like a commercial or sumthin for it so me and him just preordered it and just to c if it was a good buy. thank God i did that because it was amazing game.
the following year me and my brother bought another xbox360 and then bought another gears. when we heard gears 2 was comming out we both preordered 2 limited editions and now were playing it like everyday and this game is amazing and thats how i started to play this game

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:08 am 
COG Sergeant
COG Sergeant

i was at best buy a few weeks before it came out, i had saved some of my allowance (a big accomplishment for me) and wanted to find something to spend it on, i saw gears 2 and, from the videos of the derrick and meatshield, i bought the limited edition then and there. with two weeks left before the game came out i decided to rent gears 1. i unlocked every character but RAAM (too much of a sissy to do it on hardcore) and the final week, i had to take the game back. it was a terrible, deprived week of angst. but i finally got it, and have been playing ever since.

gt: hydroblitz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:02 am 
COG Sergeant
COG Sergeant

Its not a huge deal for me. I was looking at games then I saw Gears of War on the Gamestop webpage. Then I found it and for the next 4 months I was looking up EVERYTHING for gears1. Then got it and played till i got Sereusly Then Gears2 Came out and im still stomping heads.

GT:ARC DeltaRecon

I am THE Nudeist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:32 pm 
COG Sergeant Major
COG Sergeant Major

FOR ME
I had got my xbox 360, and still playing LAN games with my friends on Halo 2. I heard the hype on Gears of War and was hooked instantly. Me and my buddy played this game non stop, split screen multiplayer all day. From there i had formed a team to play with annualy who are from all over the country, and now with gears of war 2, all of us could player together with the 5v5 system

THE TAKE OVER- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=914Su8J0EHY
MY BLINDFIRES- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czhtPXni8d4

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:55 am 
COG Gunnery Sergeant
COG Gunnery Sergeant

Got a little tired of Halo3. Saw GOW2 commercial and just had that same feeling i had when i purchased Halo. My gut said it was a good game, and I never played the first. I was right, and I am hooked. I don't play halo 3 much now.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:10 pm 
COG Lieutenant
COG Lieutenant

simple, I played it [biggrin.gif]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:58 pm 
COG Lance Corporal
COG Lance Corporal
 WWW  Profile

I went through 10th prestige on COD4 so dont have much else to play for. Alot of my friends on XBL got Gears 2 so I got it and now I play it all the time.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:48 pm 
COG Master Gunnery Sergeant
COG Master Gunnery Sergeant

It all started when I read the first preview of Gears 1 in EGM in early 2006. Then I got the game right after it came out. I played the game for days upon days. Then I beat it on insane. That made me realize how much I loved the game. That was back about a year and a half ago. Then I read about Gears 2 and saw the first gameplay footage from early this year and was immediately drawn in. I sucked up every bit of info out there until release. Then I read the book and beat the game and joined two fansites for the game. And here I am now telling you guys how I became a Gearhead. [smile.gif]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:37 pm 
 WWW  Profile

It started with Gears of War when I decided I wanted to try the game out. I played it and was addicted ever since. I'm also a forum addict (which is why I'm also here). The graphics and gore are what have kept me playing this game. There is not a game that I have ever played that has had a more satisfying headshot.