Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/common.php on line 103
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 414

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 414

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2994: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2995: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2996: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2997: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
Gears of War 2 Forums

It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:30 am
Welcome to the Gears of War 2 Community Forum...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before you can post Comments / Threads you must first Register with our community. It takes 2 minutes of your time, and will give you access to Member Only content, as well as bring you to an eligible state for our current, and upcoming contests/giveaways.

• Up to date news on Gears of War 2 before we upload to other sites
  • Chat about Gears of War 2 in our brand new Shoutbox for members only!
  • Access special areas in the forum only available to registered members
  • Have a range of new skins to choose from.
  • Finally make friends and have fun discussion all things Gears of War 2!
  • Post and make new threads without being flamed,
  • Post Safe knowing our forums are fully moderated 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
  • Registered members get Credits every time they post! You can use these Credits towards contests and game giveaways!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Register Today!
Disable This Message!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Gamesta COD247 - All Call of Duty, All the Time MW4 Forum

Post subject: OFFICIAL: Issues & Solutions Thread
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:55 pm 
 WWW  Profile

SOURCE

Hey everyone -

To help keep things organized, I'll be using this thread to address known issues and solutions for Gears of War 2. Please read through this list to see if the issue you have is below. If you don't see your issue below, please be patient. I'm sorting through the boards to grab things I see, and will include them here as we have answers for you.

NOTE: If you have an issue not on this list, you can post it in this thread, but for the most direct assistance, please visit www.xbox.com/support or call 1-800-4MYXBOX. Using either of these methods increases our ability to track known issues, so please don't hesitate.

Please help us out. If you see someone posting or asking about something on this list, direct them to this thread. Also, if your issue isn't on this list, please add it in this thread. It'll help everyone stay organized, and help us track things down MUCH faster.

Thanks for your patience and support!

-------------------------------------------

Q: Can’t find all my codes - I ordered the Limited Edition and I have some of my codes, but I am missing one/two.

A: The codes for the 48-hour LIVE trial, the Flashback Map Pack, and the Golden Lancer are all together on the same card. Peel back the cardboard where indicated, and you will expose all three codes.

Q: Didn’t get a Golden Hammerburst Code - I went to a Midnight Mayhem event but didn’t get a code for a Golden Hammerburst.

A: Golden Hammerburst codes were sent out to stores participating in Midnight Mayhem events to be distributed while their supplies lasted. It’s possible that your local store ran out of codes.

Q: Golden Lancer Downloads – I got a code to download the Golden Lancer, but it doesn’t seem to be working. The code is fine, but the download doesn’t finish, and I get an error code.

A: This has been resolved. Follow the steps below:

Xbox360 Dashboard 1.0:
1. Launch the Xbox Dashboard
2. Sign into your Profile
3. Go to the Marketplace blade
4. Select “Account Management”
5. Select “Download History”
6. Under the “Games” section, select “Gears of War 2 Gold-Plated Lancer Assault Rifle”
7. When the blade appears, select “Download Again”
8. Wait until the “download complete” confirmation toast appears

Xbox360 NXE:
1. Launch the Xbox 360 Dashboard
2. Sign into a Profile
3. Go to the My Xbox channel
4. Select your profile (second selection) and press A
5. Select “Account Management”
6. Select “Download History”
7. Under the “Games” section, select “Gears of War 2 Gold-Plated Lancer Assault Rifle”
8. When the blade appears, select “Download Again”
9. Wait until the “download complete” confirmation toast appears

I’ve heard reports of people having to try re-downloading it a couple of times, so if you still get an error, please wait a few minutes and try again. You can also delete the original download and then re-download. As long as the download initially started, you will be allowed to re-download the file. There won't be any code issues.

IMPORTANT: When you re-download the Lancer it takes about 10 full seconds, during which time the progress bar jumps from 1% to 100% at the very end. If you attempt to “Download Again” wait until the message says “Download Complete”. Do not give up and press the Cancel option. This is Step 8 in the list above.

Q: Campaign start issues – When I select a new campaign, then select a difficulty, the game makes a noise like it’s being selected, but the campaign doesn’t start.

A: If you’re having this issue, try setting your game to “Local” in the campaign lobby. This should fix any issues you’re experiencing. Follow these steps to set your game to Local:

1. Launch Gears of War 2
2. If you haven’t already, sign into your profile
3. Select “Co-op Campaign” (don’t worry, you can still opt for a Single Player match)
4. Select “Host Co-op Campaign”
5. Select a save slot
6. In the Campaign Lobby, set Co-op Mode to “System Link”
7. Select your Act, Chapter and Checkpoint
8. Press the START button to launch the campaign

Q: I downed a guy, but I can’t kill him – I knocked an opponent down-but-not-out, but when I ran over and shot him, he wouldn’t die. Is this a bug?

A: Make sure you look at the gametype you’re playing before the match starts. There are some gametypes – Execution, Wingman, and King of the Hill – in which you can ONLY kill an opponent by executing them… even if they’re down-but-not-out. To kill them, you MUST perform one of the execution moves, blow them up, or chainsaw them.

Q: Slow Matchmaking – Why does it take so long for matchmaking to find me a game?

A: This is an issue that’s affecting some folks, and Epic and Microsoft are both looking into it. I'll let you know more details as I have them. In the mean time, try to go back to the dashboard and use it to test the network connection. Re-sign in to see if you have better results. This has worked for some people for the time being.

Q: I lost my Achievement progress – For some reason, I've lost any progress I made toward achievements. What happened?

A: We've seen people reporting this problem and are looking into it further. A couple of notes for everyone playing Gears of War 2:

1. Please do not shut down your console or launch the Dash in the middle of a game. Quit to the main menu. All save data is stored in the profile, and quitting prematurely can corrupt the Gears 2 data in the profile and therefore effectively reset it. There are several times that a game saves a significant amount of data. This happens after you cancel matchmaking ("Updating: Network settings are being updated") and when you hit a checkpoint in the campaign "Saving: Please do not shut down your console"). But there are also several quick saves that happen in SP and MP, such as when you pick up a collectible or earn progress towards an achievement. Quitting out or shutting off the console prematurely is bad. The safest way to exit Gears of War is to quit to the main menu first.

2. If this happens to you, especially if it happens more than once or in a consistently repeatable pattern, please write down detailed steps of what you were doing before this happened. Please include the details listed below and PM the information to ME. Be as detailed as possible.

Profile that lost data
Profile location (HD, MU)
Profile type (gold, silver, local)
Location of any campaign save games associated with your profile (HD, MU, both)
Auto sign (enabled, disabled)
Game modes

What game modes you have been playing
Local, Live, SP, Co-op, and/or split screen etc for each mode
What was the last game mode you played before you noticed this issue?
Playing with other profiles locally

If you have done this, what is the profile location/type of that/those profile(s)?
What mode(s) did you play?
Did that/those profile(s) lose any data as well?
Have you been playing Gears2 with the same profile on multiple Xboxs?
Backing out to the Dashboard?

Did you back out to the Dashboard through the Guide from any area other than the main menu right before you noticed this issue?
Are you running the NXE?
If you are running the NXE, did you install the game to the hard drive?
Have you been hitting this issue multiple times?
Did you power off the Xbox from a location other than the main menu?
If applicable, were you signed into LIVE?
Did your Xbox have a network cable or wireless adapter plugged in?
As detailed of steps as you can provide of what you were doing before you discovered this issue

Q: My Co-Op Gamerpic is blank – The unlockable Co-op gamerpic is a blank square, instead of the image it's supposed to be. Why?

A: We're aware of this issue, and a fix will be coming alongside the NXE on November 19th. You may have to replay a section of Co-op to kick-start the gamerpic.

Post subject: Re: OFFICIAL: Issues & Solutions Thread
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:21 am 
COG Sergeant
COG Sergeant

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:27 pm 
COG Sergeant Major
COG Sergeant Major

nice post

THE TAKE OVER- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=914Su8J0EHY
MY BLINDFIRES- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czhtPXni8d4

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:41 pm 
COG Private First Class
COG Private First Class

One I just figured out the answer to:

Q: I canceled my Flashback Map Pack download. Now the download doesn't show in my history and my redemption code shows as invalid when I try to resubmit it.

A: Log on to your Xbox Live account's Purchase History page: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/myAcc ... story.aspx. Find the "Flashback Multiplayer Map Pack" in your history and click "Add to Queue." You'll be able to download it now.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:15 pm 
COG Private First Class
COG Private First Class

Okay i have a question...

When you first spawn at the beginning of a round, why do people sometimes get spawned glitched where you shoot but nothing comes out?

This has happend alot to me and it really is annoying. [angry01.gif] So if there is no solution to manualy fix it, then Epic should put in another update and take that out..

I also think Epic should take out melees and stuns cause that happens in everygame. Someone throws a stun, the enemy gets stunned and two-peiced while laying on the ground... its not fair to the person getting two-peiced cause they dont even get a chance to kill the other person. Its so stupid.. [meh.gif]

So Epic, in my opinion, needs to throw in a couple more updates.

Post subject: 12.14-21
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:03 am 
COG Staff Sergeant
COG Staff Sergeant

The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the priorcataclysm beta key onlineshop writGiveaway and Review: Mixamajig Ups The Ante With M_funny gameten permission of Condé Nast Digital.

If youre not yet registered with Wired.com, join now so you can share yourcataclysm wow cd key thoughts and opinions.