Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/common.php on line 103
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2994: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2995: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2996: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2997: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
Gears of War 2 Forums

It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:53 pm
Welcome to the Gears of War 2 Community Forum...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before you can post Comments / Threads you must first Register with our community. It takes 2 minutes of your time, and will give you access to Member Only content, as well as bring you to an eligible state for our current, and upcoming contests/giveaways.

• Up to date news on Gears of War 2 before we upload to other sites
  • Chat about Gears of War 2 in our brand new Shoutbox for members only!
  • Access special areas in the forum only available to registered members
  • Have a range of new skins to choose from.
  • Finally make friends and have fun discussion all things Gears of War 2!
  • Post and make new threads without being flamed,
  • Post Safe knowing our forums are fully moderated 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
  • Registered members get Credits every time they post! You can use these Credits towards contests and game giveaways!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Register Today!
Disable This Message!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Gamesta COD247 - All Call of Duty, All the Time MW4 Forum

Post subject: *READ* Rants & Complaints On Gears 2 *READ*
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:56 am 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Instead of everyone starting individual topics on why they don’t like Gears or their problems with multi-player or the shotgun etc can post them here.

Post subject: Re: *READ* Rants & Complaints On Gears 2 *READ*
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:49 am 
COG Corporal
COG Corporal

1. Shotgun not responsive anymore. blindfire in gears 1 made sense, now its damage ability without aim is just retarded. and has been slowed down a bit too much. slow it down if u wish but not to current extent

2. chainsawing has been made to be close to god mode! let's b real its a novel way to kill people, so even people who enjoy it atm will eventually grow weary of it too. gears of war is a SHOOT 'EM UP lets imply that please

3. smoke grenade radius and strength. really dont kno what research epic did but im pretty sure smoke bombs dont have that kind of strength

4. lol why does the gorgon feel so sluggish too, no one has mentioned this before i dnt fink.

5. matchmaking obviously, takes a long time, limited choice and ranked is now only option unless you want to confine yourself to matches with people on your friends list, which im pretty sure is not the case for everyone all the time.

6. there is still an element of host advantage, wots up with dat?

7. bring back centre screen aim, blindfires always created uproars in matches, great fun.

will post wen anyfin else comes to mind

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:56 am 
COG Sergeant
COG Sergeant

I find that the chainsaw is close to God mode but on the rare occasions that you do get shot and the Lancer lowers if you continue trying to rev the bayonet you continue to back up as if you were still getting shot even while your not being shot at anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:49 pm 
COG Private First Class
COG Private First Class

Hey

okay the match makin system is okay but everygame i play is so laggy its impossible id mutch rather have the server list with pings visible in numerical form e.g (gears of war 1 kinda lose the bars i want numbers) so i can pick and choose the lag i decide to wade thru [bleh.gif] cause right now its impossible either im the host and no one stands a chance or im playing on a server based on the far side of the moon and by the time i fire me gun ive been capped

or

let me set my region that i want to play against e.g europe or usa its mad how can anyone win a game hosted in usa if we live all the way over the pond or visa versa this aint brain surgery its common freakin sense i been playing online shooters since the mid 90's and never have i come across a community that has complete disregard for ping to and from servers its unplayable madness

please fix this cause my clan won't even play this great game cause its just to laggy and unpredictable

its not my connection i get pings of 5 - 15 in cscz or teamfortress 2 on the pc and its as smooth as a baby's bum with 4 times as many heads in the game

basically i want a server list where i can host games or join games from and numerical pings ill put up with the smoke grenades or some of the other dodgy gliches (like people in walls) and the tampon cannon u replaced the shotgun with

Help us were dying out here the lag is to thick and deep its like wading thru treacle while invisible vulchers peck out your eyes

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP i love this game

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:39 am 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

King of the Hill and Smoke Grenades do not mix...Everytime you are in the circle to get points everyone uses the following tactic; throw smoke grenade, knock everyone in the circle on the opposing team down, chainsaw or shotgun the helpless victims who are getting up from being knocked down.

Very annoying....

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:13 am 
COG Private First Class
COG Private First Class

also we mainly like playing warzone i don't really care for execution and the others but i can't do this on a public server [bleh.gif]

thats everything

bye thx for your time

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:13 pm 
COG Sergeant
COG Sergeant

it has to be easier to stop a charging chainsaw.
if "host" quits, game shouldnt end.
matchmaking needs to improve.

FIFAfanatic7

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:24 pm 
COG Sergeant
COG Sergeant

This is a great game there fixing the matchmaking with an update. Its not a big deal.

I am THE Nudeist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:02 pm 
COG Sergeant
COG Sergeant

any idea of the timetable on this patch?

FIFAfanatic7

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:19 pm 
COG Sergeant
COG Sergeant

You can't boot people...wtf