Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/common.php on line 103
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 414

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 414

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 96

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 96
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2994: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2995: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2996: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2997: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
Gears of War 2 Forums

It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:32 am
Welcome to the Gears of War 2 Community Forum...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before you can post Comments / Threads you must first Register with our community. It takes 2 minutes of your time, and will give you access to Member Only content, as well as bring you to an eligible state for our current, and upcoming contests/giveaways.

• Up to date news on Gears of War 2 before we upload to other sites
  • Chat about Gears of War 2 in our brand new Shoutbox for members only!
  • Access special areas in the forum only available to registered members
  • Have a range of new skins to choose from.
  • Finally make friends and have fun discussion all things Gears of War 2!
  • Post and make new threads without being flamed,
  • Post Safe knowing our forums are fully moderated 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
  • Registered members get Credits every time they post! You can use these Credits towards contests and game giveaways!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Register Today!
Disable This Message!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Gamesta COD247 - All Call of Duty, All the Time MW4 Forum

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Gears of War 2 vs Resistance 2
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:49 pm 
COG Private First Class
COG Private First Class

Resistance 2 looks soooooo bad in comparison to Gears 1 let alone 2! Do you agree or not cause loads of guys disagreed on some website made for this discussion they all said that Gears 2 will be crap and that Resistance is much much better with its 60 player online and better weapons and better story. let me know what you think.

BTW i think these loosers just wish they had an xbox 360 after they paid $500 for there pile of crap which don't get the best games.

Post subject: Re: Gears of War 2 vs Resistance 2
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:44 am 

i dont really care like gears of war is for the xbox 360 and resistance is for the ps3
so im not buying resistance 2.
and just because people who think resistance is good dosent mean it is good

60 players = lag

Last edited by The Horde on Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:53 am 

jals91 wrote:
Resistance 2 looks soooooo bad in comparison to Gears 1 let alone 2! Do you agree or not cause loads of guys disagreed on some website made for this discussion they all said that Gears 2 will be crap and that Resistance is much much better with its 60 player online and better weapons and better story. let me know what you think.

BTW i think these loosers just wish they had an xbox 360 after they paid $500 for there pile of crap which don't get the best games.

im not sure about a better story
you know what i dont get why do the aliens always attack russia first
are they racist or something
why not america or canada

or maybe the people who made the game are racist or american

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:22 pm 
COG Private First Class
COG Private First Class

I have both Resistance 1 and Gears 1 and Ill admit the story in Resistance was better because they gave some backstory but Gears wins in everything else. gameplay, graphics, presentation, weapons: i hate laser and railguns, i want bullets or nothing. Resistance 2 looks good but still doesn't compare to Gears 1, for me anyway, and 60 player online: good luck managing that, I hate the game mode in COD4 where theres 16 players beacuse im always spawning and dieing with those random grenades, so good luck with the 60 players. Ill still buying both but im so hyped about Gears 2 im sure its going to disappoint me in some way.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:56 am 
 WWW  Profile

Gears 2 is going to beat Resistance in every single category (unless you're a PS3 fanboy). Just because it's 60 player online, doesn't make it good. I can't wait for people to play that when Call of Duty can only go up to 9v9 and people have trouble managing that many players.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:54 pm 
 YIM  Profile

they have been doing a poll over at blend games for gears 2 vs ressistance 2 here is the 3 polls
http://www.n4g.com/ClickOut.aspx?ObjID=192175
http://www.n4g.com/xbox360/News-196321.aspx
http://www.n4g.com/xbox360/News-199367.aspx

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:25 pm 
COG Gunnery Sergeant
COG Gunnery Sergeant

Im sorry but GEARS dose have a great story! I did some digging and wow, I mean this game is compleatly off the chart! Unlike some games, this dose not through the whole damn story out at you in the first cutsceane!

I mean there are games that say:

"Bla Bla Bla hear you go, save earth Bla Bla Bla"

gears dose not do that!

It forces you to think, "what are these locust?"

Dizzy's last stand before staring Death in the FACE- Image

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:15 pm 

From a non-biased standpoint, Gears 2 and Resistance 2 as multiplayer games will probably both have problems.

Gears will most likely have it's returning bullet-lag, albeit somewhat improved, and Resistance will probably have dodgy client-side hit detection (with the server processing that many players, it'll probably take longer for your hits to be sent to the other player and for them to receive the damage, resulting in players seeing eachother in significantly different locations).

Or I could be wrong and they could both be perfect, but I think my first prediction stands stronger.

Personally, I'd love to play both games, but there's never enough incentive to dump that much money on a console. C'mon. What else is there? The only other game that's interested me is Little Big Planet (maybe MGS4, never played any of them [glare.gif] ).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:03 pm 
 YIM  Profile

i have mg4 and i cant honestly see what all the fuss is over its crap and dont even get me started on the cutscenes

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:03 pm 
COG Gunnery Sergeant
COG Gunnery Sergeant

glen00000008 wrote:
i have mg4 and i cant honestly see what all the fuss is over its crap and dont even get me started on the cutscenes

Ahaha

Dizzy's last stand before staring Death in the FACE- Image

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next