Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/common.php on line 103
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 414

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 414

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 96

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 96
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2994: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2995: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2996: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2997: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
Gears of War 2 Forums

It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:44 pm
Welcome to the Gears of War 2 Community Forum...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before you can post Comments / Threads you must first Register with our community. It takes 2 minutes of your time, and will give you access to Member Only content, as well as bring you to an eligible state for our current, and upcoming contests/giveaways.

• Up to date news on Gears of War 2 before we upload to other sites
  • Chat about Gears of War 2 in our brand new Shoutbox for members only!
  • Access special areas in the forum only available to registered members
  • Have a range of new skins to choose from.
  • Finally make friends and have fun discussion all things Gears of War 2!
  • Post and make new threads without being flamed,
  • Post Safe knowing our forums are fully moderated 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
  • Registered members get Credits every time they post! You can use these Credits towards contests and game giveaways!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Register Today!
Disable This Message!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Gamesta COD247 - All Call of Duty, All the Time MW4 Forum

Post subject: HAMMERBURST OR LANCER
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:32 am 
COG Lance Corporal
COG Lance Corporal

wHICH ONES MORE POWERFUL AND BETTER

Post subject: Re: HAMMERBURST OR LANCER
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:44 am 
COG Lance Corporal
COG Lance Corporal

well it matters, you see people often use the LANCER because in laggy situations you cant depend on weapons like the hammerburst or shotgun cause they wont do the damage required for you to survive and so they use the lancers"noobsaw" to actually "get the kill"(cause it is a weapon no matter HOW LAGGY no matter HOW MUCH HEALTH THE OTHER GUY HAS will kill your oponnent in one strike.) but really lets say gears of war 2's matchmaking was like it predisesscors or halo 3's or any other awesome matchmaking game. if it was like that then i would go with the hammerburst. it is stronger, not faster by far, the lancer's fireing rate is by far WAYYYY faster than the hammerbursts. so it is like a fire and ice thing. they both are comepletly different but have the same potential of taking down an enemy. really in a match i cant decide. they are SOOOOOOO different from each other that i cant choose. i just showed you the pros bought each gun the cons are:

LANCER CONS:
1.when trying to chainsaw, eney could just either
A. pull out his lancer and do the gay chainsaw duel thing and probabaly win.
B. bring out a shoutgun or mostly any weapon with stopping power and shot the living crap out of you while you are trying to re-rev your chainsaw just realizing that "OH MY GOD I AM STUNNED"!

Hammerburst cons: to slow, by the time you almost have him killed he probably, did that roll/mellee/blind fire shotgun thing and you would be blown to bites.

really it is your choice. you walk down either the hammerburst road or the lancer road. i am just making each road a litlle brighter.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:15 am 
COG Sergeant
COG Sergeant

me i prefer the lancer not because of the chainsaw although that is prety mint but i like the rapid firing the hammerburst may have more power but if you know how to use the lancer you can easly waste them

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:54 am 
COG Lance Corporal
COG Lance Corporal

It depends on the rules for me. If the game has execution rules, ill use the Lancer, if not, then I opt for the Hammerburst.

As a whole. Id say I prefer the Lancer, the sheer volume of bullets this thing can output means that you could even beat someone with a shotgun at close range due to the stumble effect when being struck. But despite its rate of fire, its still surprisinlgy accurate when aimed, making it a versatile weapon. And lets not forget the Chainsaw. And Chainsaw duels are pure awesomness. Great inclusion.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:35 am 
COG Master Gunnery Sergeant

CarmineLivesOn wrote:
wHICH ONES MORE POWERFUL AND BETTER

Hammerburst.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:29 am 
COG Sergeant
COG Sergeant

i posted previously saying the lancer was better but have just recently started using the hammerburst and it is nuts it is easly a match for the lancer. the hammerburst wins in range power and has a fast firing rate depending on how fast you can pull the trigger. so the hammerburst takes more time to master but is well worth it. the lancer is easier to use and faster firing it also has the chainsaw which is legendary so its a close match.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:22 am 

templar7885 wrote:
i posted previously saying the lancer was better but have just recently started using the hammerburst and it is nuts it is easly a match for the lancer. the hammerburst wins in range power and has a fast firing rate depending on how fast you can pull the trigger. so the hammerburst takes more time to master but is well worth it. the lancer is easier to use and faster firing it also has the chainsaw which is legendary so its a close match.

I agree with you all the way. The lancer for me is only used for close combat. I only use the chainsaw when I catch sumeone by surprise.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:57 pm 
COG Lance Corporal
COG Lance Corporal

I just recently took interest in trying out the HammerBurst and i gotta say it's very accurate and very powerful. But on the other hand you got the lancer which has instant kill if you use the chain saw, and it shoots way faster then i can possibly shoot the Hammerburst. So i guess it depends on your prefence, damage + accuracy or chain saw and high fire rate. For me, it's lancer because i dont have to wear my fingers out and there's been many cases where id turn around only to be chain sawed when i use my hammerburst, but if had my lancer id get in a duel for a chance.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:27 am 
COG Sergeant
COG Sergeant
 WWW  Profile

Lancer all day baby! Can on man the chainsaw is the best melee weapon in the whole game and pulse it's full-auto. [biggrin.gif]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:38 am 

Hammerburst. Lancer's a machine gun on estrogen.