Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/common.php on line 103
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 414

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 414

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 96

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 96
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2994: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2995: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2996: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2997: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
Gears of War 2 Forums

It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:56 pm
Welcome to the Gears of War 2 Community Forum...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before you can post Comments / Threads you must first Register with our community. It takes 2 minutes of your time, and will give you access to Member Only content, as well as bring you to an eligible state for our current, and upcoming contests/giveaways.

• Up to date news on Gears of War 2 before we upload to other sites
  • Chat about Gears of War 2 in our brand new Shoutbox for members only!
  • Access special areas in the forum only available to registered members
  • Have a range of new skins to choose from.
  • Finally make friends and have fun discussion all things Gears of War 2!
  • Post and make new threads without being flamed,
  • Post Safe knowing our forums are fully moderated 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
  • Registered members get Credits every time they post! You can use these Credits towards contests and game giveaways!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Register Today!
Disable This Message!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Gamesta COD247 - All Call of Duty, All the Time MW4 Forum

Post subject: Gears 3 Ideas
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:31 am 
COG Private First Class
COG Private First Class

Hi peeps,

I'm a great fan of Gears 1 & 2, but while playing through Gears 2 and then Horde again the other day, i started to think about what aspects i'd like to see improve in the next game.

When shooting enemies it would be so much more rewarding if you could see bullet damage appearing. Say for example armour being ripped/damaged and then shot through completely, instead of there being just copious amounts of blood squirting out, don't get me wrong I don't mind abit of gore, but when your playing on horde and shotgunin' a bloodmount point blank, i'd like to see abit of damage appearing for all my efforts. Are there currently technical limitations which prevent this kind of detail be adding into next gen games?

Also, i'd like to see more destructible environments (since its a shooter, i'd say this is really important). I'm not saying bringing total buildings down, but even being able to blast holes in walls, roofs etc. (but leaving the structural parts in tact so the levels still function). I think this would add alot to the overall experience. Again, are there limitations with the current generation of consoles which are stopping this from being possible?

I'd be interested to hear anyones thoughts about this and if these kind of things will be possible in the future.

Mike [smile.gif]

Post subject: Re: Gears 3 Ideas
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:17 pm 
COG Staff Sergeant
COG Staff Sergeant

they have something like the whole destruction of walls and enviroments in bad company....

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:23 am 
COG Gunnery Sergeant
COG Gunnery Sergeant

I would love to see like, a prequel.
A spin-off to the pendulum wars.
Where you can eventually play toward ErectionIMEAN Emergence day.

Not necessarily Gears 3.
But like, Gears of War: The Pendulum Wars and such.

I mean, it's highly mentioned in the game.
So why not give us a little more info through chopping down Locust like we're in the middle of the woods?
Would satisfy my curiosity.
There's a shitload of loose ends in the plot which, in my opinion, cannot be tied together with the next game.
Seeing that's supposed to be the grand finale.

Soo, that's what I would like to see.

[EDIT]
What I would also LOVE to see but probably isn't gonna happen:
Limbs flying off whilst the other person is still alive and functioning.
Shoot enough limbs off and he goes down to cry about his lost arms and such.
So you can curb stomp the fucker.

In response to the 'bullet damage' stuff the OP wrote.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:08 pm 
COG Sergeant Major
COG Sergeant Major

just make it like gears 1, 5 player co-op, and keep the weapons of gears 2

THE TAKE OVER- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=914Su8J0EHY
MY BLINDFIRES- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czhtPXni8d4

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:40 am 
COG Private First Class
COG Private First Class

[color=#FFBF00]I think this is the best game ever, but the campaign in the second is lacking a lot. It just feels like your having to go from A-B all the time.

It never felt like a war just felt like a load of things in front of you and you slowing work your way through them, and the last boss couldn’t have been easier.

The fish boss - boring. Shoot, throw repeat etc etc.

What they need is a Brumack battle like the one from Gears 1 PC version. free roaming, large battles fields, things coming from all angles, like the fountain part in the first game.

Some more interesting environments. E.g- thick woods with the sun setting through the trees, underwater (like in the multiplayer of lost planet), could just be one level - this brings in new weapons, outfits, monsters. or how about escalating up a busted ass skyscraper, like in cloverfield. Its confined, on fire, breaking as they go but they must reach the top, A long level which goes from day to night, bringing back those killer crows (can't remember their names). You need a battle!!! Something like starship troopers!! It needs to feel like war, like in saving private ryan when they stormed the beaches, the odds need to be against you! it should be WAR not, 7 guys come you beat them move a bit, 7 more and 2 boomers, maybe a reach. you know.

I needs to be more furious. it felt like an old sega game, very start stop - ok wait here come some more baddies, yup they're in front of you. Ok here’s a boss - he’s going to run, spin repeat then you bash, run spin repeat, bash. It needed to be more fluid more real. Less gamey. Less predictable. Less on rails fighting. You need to always have the disadvantage.

people say oh its all about the multiplayer, but this could be this best game ever!!! I want to play parts which are so fast and so furious that I cant wait to play them again. Like the bits with the berserker!! Where were they!!!! Amazing.

Also

more unlockables

Complete the game on each setting-
casual - gold pistol
Normal - gold lancer and shotgun
Hardcore - Gold Sniper and torque and boom
Insane -gold hammer burst and nades

but you have to do each on separately to get them. No doing insane and getting them all. More characters, there are those really cool threon guards you can't be.

Customize outfits

Less driving bits.
More tactful fighting.
Some sneaking bits - where say for example your in a level as big as gridlocked and its full of enemies, so you have to get to a mortar or hammer of dawn before they see you.

Better boss fights.
[/color]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:35 pm 
COG Private First Class
COG Private First Class

i would like to be able to make my own character online with his own armour and voice instead of using characters from the story and also bigger maps with vehicles.

i would also like a spin off game were they go way back to were people were fighting each other for imulsion and stuff so you could have an own custom character aswell for the story.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:15 pm 
COG Private First Class
COG Private First Class

I think that chainsawing on multiplayer, perhaps even on campaign in some circumstances, should be easier to deflect.
For instance, if somebody is running chainsaw at you, and you have your shotgun equipped, you should be able to momentarily put your shotgun in the air and deflect the chainsaw, maybe even having enough time to counter the enemy. Obviously some weapons would have better deflection capabilities than others, in context: A Boomshot would obviously deflect better than a Snub, etc. This would just basically make it a sneak attack, a like once-a-match treat or something.

To make said action even more satisfying when it does actually happen, perhaps make it even more entertaining to do so, by being able to direct the chainsaw through individual limbs, heads etc, a la Afro Samurai? I'd personally love to chop the head quickly off of someone who'd been pursuing me for ages, constantly drilling me with whatever bullets said person had currently equipped.
Also on the topic of Lancers, make a quick melee for it for goodness sake. The amount of times i've been stuck in close-quarters combat with my Lancer equipped, without enough time to rev the chainsaw are uncountable.

Make the 'nade tagging a little harder, perhaps reducing the damage or something, so you'd have to actually wait by your 'nade and finish said person off quickly. Again, on the topic of grenades, do something about the damned smokes. They are so annoying, i personally think they should just make the person recoil, like you do when friendly Mortar bullets rain down.

Just a few ideas to combat the things which seem to be annoying people most, and even a little gem for those of you who enjoy annoying people with noobiness.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:54 pm 
COG Private First Class
COG Private First Class

I don't want a prequel. We already have the book. I want to see what happens after Jacinto is sunk and where the remaining COG seek refuge. I would also like to see what happens to Dizzy.

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'... and I'll look down and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach, Watchmen.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:23 pm 
COG Gunnery Sergeant
COG Gunnery Sergeant

Metalhead1218 wrote:
I don't want a prequel. We already have the book. I want to see what happens after Jacinto is sunk and where the remaining COG seek refuge. I would also like to see what happens to Dizzy.

I'm not saying Gears 3 should BE the prequel.

I mean, there are some who haven't read the books.

*cough*me*cough*

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:12 am 
COG Private First Class
COG Private First Class
 WWW  Profile

Amnetic wrote:
I would love to see like, a prequel.
A spin-off to the pendulum wars.
Where you can eventually play toward Emergence day.

Not necessarily Gears 3.
But like, Gears of War: The Pendulum Wars and such.

My exact thoughts when I thought about what the plot for the third game would revolve around.

ImageImage
Sig Credit goes completely to DrManical of DA