Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/common.php on line 103
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 414

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 414

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 96
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2994: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2995: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2996: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2997: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
Gears of War 2 Forums

It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:24 am
Welcome to the Gears of War 2 Community Forum...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before you can post Comments / Threads you must first Register with our community. It takes 2 minutes of your time, and will give you access to Member Only content, as well as bring you to an eligible state for our current, and upcoming contests/giveaways.

• Up to date news on Gears of War 2 before we upload to other sites
  • Chat about Gears of War 2 in our brand new Shoutbox for members only!
  • Access special areas in the forum only available to registered members
  • Have a range of new skins to choose from.
  • Finally make friends and have fun discussion all things Gears of War 2!
  • Post and make new threads without being flamed,
  • Post Safe knowing our forums are fully moderated 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
  • Registered members get Credits every time they post! You can use these Credits towards contests and game giveaways!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Register Today!
Disable This Message!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Gamesta COD247 - All Call of Duty, All the Time MW4 Forum

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Gear in the Cog army
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:29 am 
COG Gunnery Sergeant
COG Gunnery Sergeant

I think you should be allowed to customize a gear in GoW3. You could pick of certain faces, hair color, hair style, armor, helmet, and maybe even the color of those things. You could pick between certain voices and make your own taunts/sayings. You could choose your name and everything. You could also pick wether or not to have your helmet on or not. Also tattoos and all this stuff. The only bad thing I think would be that it could cause lag and slow connecting or something like that in MP.

Post subject: Re: Gear in the Cog army
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:52 am 
COG Master Gunnery Sergeant

Yeah I see where you're going, and I kind of like idea. Of course, it would only be implemented in Multiplayer if at all. Players are already given a choice as to what their sprite looks like with the skins, etc. and it would be a pretty cool feature to be able to customize that even further. The only issue I see coming up is holes in the players to keep the game balanced, so that one helmet or one chestpiece didn't give you an advantage. (Think of Halo 3's Elite model, if you ever played it. There was a "hole" in his neck that you could shoot through without the player taking damage. This way the Elite wasn't at a disadvantage when his enemies had a bigger target to hit than he did.) And don't worry about lag, it wouldn't be an issue at all. Think of MMO's like WoW or Warhammer - no lag there because of player models! [biggrin.gif]

I know I personally would love the opportunity to customize a unique skin to use. Even if it was something basic, like one of those "Select a hairstyle. Select a helmet. Select a..." type menus, I'd absolutely love it.

Although, this would definitely not come up in Singleplayer. Gears of War is a very linear, very storyline-oriented game. You're playing as Marcus Fenix, experiencing the battles as Marcus Fenix. There's no custom characters that the player makes to follow along. It's not YOU in the game, you're just reliving Marcus.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:53 am 

That would be teh 1337, but I don't think epic would ever do that. It would be too much like Halo.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:22 pm 
COG Gunnery Sergeant
COG Gunnery Sergeant

I know but they would start with the same sprite and you can increase height or weight and it wouldn't be uneven and nothing would give any advantage if they could make it like that. It's just an appearance thing ya know lol.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:34 pm 

LordRoscoe wrote:
That would be teh 1337, but I don't think epic would ever do that. It would be too much like Halo.

Lol I just noticed almost every suggestion thread has something like this sentence. "Yeah that WOULD be a great feature but it would be too much like Halo so they won't put it in."

sigh. Just because Halo used it doesn't mean it wasn't good haha

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:54 am 
COG Gunnery Sergeant
COG Gunnery Sergeant

Yeah I don't think it really matters if Halo had it. Gears is nothing like Halo and a lot of games let you customize your people. Shaun White Snowboarding lets you but no one complains about that. Lol.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:10 am 

Yeah, that's true...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:44 pm 

That would be pretty sick. You could be able to customize your own armor and face, and probably add war paint or a helmet, bandana etc. That would be an awesome idea but then you would hear Bungie complaining to EPIC about how they copied their idea and all that. I think they should do that anyway because Halo 3 wasn't the first game to have customizable armor and custom character appeals. I think for the 360 it was Rainbow Six vegas right ? [huh.gif]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:32 pm 
COG Sergeant Major
COG Sergeant Major

Customizing option would be pretty sick, especially with the armor and stuff. Hopefully that'll happen in the next gears

THE TAKE OVER- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=914Su8J0EHY
MY BLINDFIRES- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czhtPXni8d4

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:39 pm 

It would make halo 3 look like garbage. Which is a bad thing because then all of the annoying 6 year olds from halo will transfer on to that game because its " L337 ". [glare.gif]

But it would still be fun to own them ! [shifty.gif]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next