Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/common.php on line 103
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 414

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 414

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 96
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2994: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2995: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2996: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2997: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
Gears of War 2 Forums

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:11 am
Welcome to the Gears of War 2 Community Forum...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before you can post Comments / Threads you must first Register with our community. It takes 2 minutes of your time, and will give you access to Member Only content, as well as bring you to an eligible state for our current, and upcoming contests/giveaways.

• Up to date news on Gears of War 2 before we upload to other sites
  • Chat about Gears of War 2 in our brand new Shoutbox for members only!
  • Access special areas in the forum only available to registered members
  • Have a range of new skins to choose from.
  • Finally make friends and have fun discussion all things Gears of War 2!
  • Post and make new threads without being flamed,
  • Post Safe knowing our forums are fully moderated 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
  • Registered members get Credits every time they post! You can use these Credits towards contests and game giveaways!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Register Today!
Disable This Message!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Gamesta COD247 - All Call of Duty, All the Time MW4 Forum

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Gears 2 footage in Toronto and some info
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:36 pm 

Day 2 is located here http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/showth ... p?t=627516!

Hey all, today was the last day that Gears of War 2 was in toronto. Today was awesome and I had tons of fun. Finally, they got the system link up, but wanted us to keep playing horde mode (4 players per horde game). Very fun, all my videos are on said horde mode.

Now as usual, information discovered first!

-The gamespeed. In my first commentary, I said how the game is much slower, and others agreed with me. Well, not today. They fixed the problem, and the game is running at normal speed (which is faster than gears1). So it's still fast and frantic at close quarters, yet slow and sneaky when you want to be. Very good game speed.

-Ink Grenade Tagging. It's bad to tag it to people, as it has one initial burst (think opposite to smoke tags in gears1). Used mainly for blocking off areas/hallways/passageways, and even then a full healthed guy can run through, albeit be barely alive. Good for throwing behind an enemy who you know is gonna try to run. Tagging on wall effective too if the enemy is traveling in large groups it cuts them in half (and if they try to run through it you should down them).

-The Torque bow. The aiming line (i.e. when you hold it, the targetting line appears) changes from blue to red when the bow has about 1.5 seconds left to shoot. Give's the user a warning basically.

-Smoke nades. Imaging you are a sniper on Day One or River up where it spawns, and there's 3 guys coming after you (there's only 1 way in or out from the sniper points). What do you do? Well I tested it and it works. You throw a nade at your wall/your feet, and stand near the edge. The smoke nade basically turns your body into a ragdoll so you just drop down (mabye launch down if at the right angle) into the river/streets. It's risky, but better than taking on 3 guys alone. The smoke also confuses them to where you are, giving you time to get away (yes im a tactician... dunno why I'm sharing this tactic with you bums )

- The hammerburst. Read what I said in the Day 1 post. I take back every bad word I ever said about this gun. I love it now. You just have to get used to it, but I forsee many people using this along with the lancer. In depth description: When you are against cover and don't move and hold the fire trigger, the hammerburst fires VERY accurately with a small amount of upwards recoil. If you are moving sideways, the recoil becomes more unpredictable (sideways+upwards recoil). When you are stationary and are smashing the trigger, there's lots of recoil, but it's quite controlable for medium ranges, especially if your target is out of cover. If you are moving and smashing the trigger, the recoil is abundant, and it is only recommended for close to medium ranges. The power is very nice though to counter the small clip size, and meleeing is always welcome in this game.

- Tickers. When you melee them, don't expect them to always explode. Contrary to my day 2 post, I discovered that you should melee the ticker just after he flexes his back and the bomb lights up. If you melee him before, he plops on his back, but will eventually (approx. 3 seconds) get up and come at you. Of course you can shoot him in that time and blow up many enemies nearby. ticker video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D003po78UNc. Also the sire is in there (not sira, my bad!). Also cool gif from the video courtesty of Kantham found on page 2 http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/6775 ... ersaq5.gif

- Sniper. When he is getting shot in scope mode, the recoil is huge. Basically while you are getting shot, it is impossible to get an accurate shot in while scoped.

- Kantus. I know you can chainsaw the Kantus in singleplayer (boy they sure are tall!), but in multiplayer I don't think so. I am unable to verify because everytime I tried, he melees (or screams at) you and you go flying down and take no damage, just like if you were hit by a smoke grenade. Oh they also love their dam ink grenades. 1 kantus = 1 point cloud at all times, 2=2clouds, etc.

- Both weapon pickups and reviving teammates are harder (or more accuract is required). You have to basically be right on top of it, because your character kicks the new weapon up into his hands.

- The only new feature I didn't like. When your teammates are down in gears one, you see a semi-transparent icon, and the close you get to them, the more solid it becomes. In gears 2, the icon is always solid, and there were many times I saw someone ran past a teammate they were trying to help, only to realise they walked right by em. In a close game, that would be very frustrating. And I also missed a teammate once that way too.

- 50 points for revives, and it shows xplayer revied yplayer where the kills and weapon pickups are shown

-Locust can revive each other in campaign and horde mode the same way we do, but the Kantus can do it from far away. Very annoying.

-You can call out to your teammates to revive you when you are down. I'm not sure if the opponent can hear it, but I think so.

-Camera angle for executions. I made a mistake in my last posts. I realized that you do get a funky camera angle when you saw someone, or do the 123 execution, or whatever, but othertimes you do not. I believe that if the camera would have gone into cover, or something like that, then the camera angle doesn't change when you are doing your execution on them. But normally it should

-In horde, I saw someone (and have a video of someone) pick up a grenadier with the shoulder armor as a hostage, and the shoulderarmor will just fall off

-When in cover using the mulcher, you can (and should) hold the right trigger at the same time as left trigger, so by the time you get out of cover, your mucher is already firing. If it's still rolling though, you will be spraying it as you are taking it out of cover (so bullets on the ceilling all the way to the enemy heh). Also when it gets closer to overheating but you have lots of baddies to kill, try alternating between shooting and cooling it, so that it never stops spinning so you can shoot whenever you need to.

Ok that's it for remarks. Now for videos. All of the videos today are horde multiplayer (4 people per game), and one played by me. Some other guy took a good video of me using the hammer of dawn, so if you see that on youtube lemme know. All of the videos are on youtube. I also will be eventually uploading THE POPULAR ONES on rapidshare, so if there's one you particularily like or want to see in higher definition, you can tell me, and then I can host it and then you download it there when they are ready.

check this http://www.youtube.com/user/DiscombobulatedThing for some quality video
The videos taking today (the day of this post, sunday october19th) are tagged "Gears of War 2 Gaming Invasion Final Day p[number up to 9]"
There are no more of those many 1 minute long ones, I used the good camera. Their lenth varies up to 8 minutes!

Rapidshare links that are currently ready:
http://rapidshare.com/files/15567972...inute.mpg.html
Only 1 minute long, kinda bad. Just filler. The other videos are long, so it's gonna take a while. Come back and check tomorow and the youtube ones should all be ready!

Edit: Rapidshare taking too long, and I gotta head back to university now... I'll leave the youtube on so it can upload all of em, but the quality isn't top notch. I'll bring the camera and do it from my fast internet tomorow. Till then! P.S. Check page 2 for awesome gif made by Kantham

Edit2: OK I'm uploading the longer/better videos on rapidshare/megaupload/filefront. 1 video for each map coming soon

Edit3: Also the Y button doesn't didn't do anything in game, but I believe it is for the 'whats up?' menu, which requires you to have xbox live, possibly for muting someone, inviting friends, etc.

This is not my post

Post subject: Re: Gears 2 footage in Toronto and some info
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:35 pm 
 YIM  Profile

thanks horde good find

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:56 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Do you post on the official EPIC forums Horde? If so, what username do you post under? I'm sure you've seen me around there.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:25 pm 
COG Lance Corporal
COG Lance Corporal

Is everything in Gears of War 2 better or did they made some things worse like the headshots are the headshots better or worse and thanks for the info and video I can't wait for this game [greedy.gif]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:07 am 

Ik0n wrote:
Do you post on the official EPIC forums Horde? If so, what username do you post under? I'm sure you've seen me around there.

yeah my username on official epic forums is the horde
i seen you posting on some thread and i thought i should say hi

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]