Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/common.php on line 103
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2994: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2995: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2996: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2997: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
Gears of War 2 Forums

It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:45 pm
Welcome to the Gears of War 2 Community Forum...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before you can post Comments / Threads you must first Register with our community. It takes 2 minutes of your time, and will give you access to Member Only content, as well as bring you to an eligible state for our current, and upcoming contests/giveaways.

• Up to date news on Gears of War 2 before we upload to other sites
  • Chat about Gears of War 2 in our brand new Shoutbox for members only!
  • Access special areas in the forum only available to registered members
  • Have a range of new skins to choose from.
  • Finally make friends and have fun discussion all things Gears of War 2!
  • Post and make new threads without being flamed,
  • Post Safe knowing our forums are fully moderated 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
  • Registered members get Credits every time they post! You can use these Credits towards contests and game giveaways!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Register Today!
Disable This Message!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Gamesta COD247 - All Call of Duty, All the Time MW4 Forum

Post subject: Online Nightmare
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:33 am 
COG Private First Class
COG Private First Class

So i'm guessing that the majority of you are massive gears 2 fans. I myself love gear 1, for it's sheer "get in there and f*** everything up" gameplay, that Epic seem to have regretted making. Because now they are cattering for those of us who were, lets be honest, a bit crap at gears 1, by slowing things down a bit, making cover a necessary thing rather than a cowards way of saying "i'm not very good at this" "i'll just hide behind this burnt out car for a bit". So what do you know, now all of us have to spend 5-10% of time in cover because all the cowards are out with their chainsaws!

With all the stats on gearsofwar.com you think they would have one for overall chainsaw kills, i'm betting it'd be around 35-40%! That's really catering for the ones of us with some talent, cheers Epic.

But it's not all a disaster! Epic have created a game that is truelly beautiful, which has more variety than a box of quality street. Soon over 20 maps, horde, wigman, guardian etc the variety is amazing. The only problem is......................... And i say only......................... THE BLOODY INCONSISTENCIES OF ONLINE PLAY! For the record I am a decent player, I got Seriously on Gears 1, and i'm currently rank 37 with 1000GS on gears 2, (i'm an above average player). So what annoys me more than EVERYTHING in my life is dying because of lag! Not because a player is better than me, but because of lag! I have checked my broadband speed online with various websites and all state i'm getting a consistent level of 9-10MB, and on top of that I live in London, which is perhaps one of the top 3 cities in the world, and I lose because of lag! This game is an absolute disgrace online! You are either being chainsawed by idiots because of poor game design or hitting your opponent with a shotgun 3 seconds after you pull the trigger, by which time you are a pile of meat on the floor dead!
Epic, don't charge us 1600MS points for more laggy as f*** maps at the end of July, charge us to fix the lag! Coz i'd rather pay for that than put up with this broken game.

Don't even get me started with the riduculous match making menus and the lack of custom cycle!

Gears 2 is like looking at Jessica Alba from a distance, only when you get closer you find she has a pair of nads swinging at the bottom of her skirt.
It's all about distracting you with its looks and variety, from what's really important which is gameplay.
But I guess that I wouldn't giv a s*** either if I owned a Lamborgini, eh Cliffy?

Advertisement