Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/common.php on line 103
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 414

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 414

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 96

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 96
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2994: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2995: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2996: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2997: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
Gears of War 2 Forums

It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:04 pm
Welcome to the Gears of War 2 Community Forum...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before you can post Comments / Threads you must first Register with our community. It takes 2 minutes of your time, and will give you access to Member Only content, as well as bring you to an eligible state for our current, and upcoming contests/giveaways.

• Up to date news on Gears of War 2 before we upload to other sites
  • Chat about Gears of War 2 in our brand new Shoutbox for members only!
  • Access special areas in the forum only available to registered members
  • Have a range of new skins to choose from.
  • Finally make friends and have fun discussion all things Gears of War 2!
  • Post and make new threads without being flamed,
  • Post Safe knowing our forums are fully moderated 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
  • Registered members get Credits every time they post! You can use these Credits towards contests and game giveaways!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Register Today!
Disable This Message!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Gamesta COD247 - All Call of Duty, All the Time MW4 Forum

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 

Post subject: 2 Player Horde Mode Strategy Guide
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:58 am 
COG Private First Class
COG Private First Class

for achievement seekers "dirty,dirty horde" or "hoard the horde" only
if u want to do it for fun try this out get the achievement then have all the
fun you want it's possible with any difficulty and even 1 PLAYER...

....if ur up to the challenge

Me and my cousin tried out horde mode and it was totally awesome.
We died alot of times on the waves and then came up with a strategy.
Me and him got 2 wave 50 easily and about under 4 hours.
We did the map blood drive *SEE bottom for another map* from wave 1 to 50.
Our strategy was this.
When the map started, we would run in the middle and grab the 2 ammo cases, if the sniper was there he would take it, or if the torque was there i would take it. Then me and him would run along side up the stairs. There were 2 rooms. One room is a small dead end, and the other oom is also a dead end, but has another room inside that's smaller, and you can snipe people. Me and him would go into the doubled room and wait for the horde waves to come at us. Each wave me and my cousin would always leave 1 guy left, so he can either chase me or him when we were grabbing ammo, then we would kill the last person when we got full ammo, and then we would go back into the doubled room upstairs. When wave 7 or 8 came, me and him would kill the Mauler guy and take his shield. We would then go into the entrance of the doubled room and then block it off by placing the Maulers shield in the entrance to the room. This strategy was perfect becuase the shield would block off any enemy and none of them could get in. So me and him would just kill every1 thats getting blocked by the shield. When the grinders drop their mulchers we would grab them and grind the ppl also. You need to make sure though that you kill the sires or any of the locust fast because they will knock the shield down and let everyone in. *NOTE* this trick also blocks off those annoying bloodmounts >=[[. If that happens to you and you can't put it back down due to the many body parts everywhere or eniemies being too close, one of you needs to grab the shield and go into the other room thats smaller and has a open window to snipe people. Go to that room with the shield and have 1 of you that has the shield to just go in their and block it off while the other person is behind you, killing people till the round is over.
Oh yeah, i forgot this. When you kill the last guy inside the room your in, quickly grab the shield or any weapon of choice before all the bodyparts/weapons you see on the floor disappear. Then safely drop everything else and plant the shield at the entrance to the doubled room and do the same thing over and over agin till you get 2 wave 50 and beat it. Remember the ammo thing 2 where you leave 1 guy left and start grabbing every ammo on the map. *IMPORTANT* also about half way down the stairs is either a hallway to your left or right with respawning grenades... ALWAYS when u have the time take either one. Majority of the time in horde ur using ur grenades as proximity mines. Ink slowly kills and frag if ur lucky..instant death. smoke can kind of treat as an alarm to warn u someone is coming from that direction. Just make sure YOU ARE NO WHERE NEAR UR FRAGS when the enemies set them off or ur helpless pieces from ur body will anxious locust waiting to take ur partner out next.

pavilion spawns shields in one spot but beware they dont always spawn
and its a more open area so 2 or more players is advised make sure u can hop
over ur shields though and have them BOTH facing backwards =]]

Horde Mode Was Alot of Fun!

-Andre Sinclair and Carlos Fernandez

Last edited by Klos338 on Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:19 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Re: 2 Player Horde Mode Strategy Guide
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:51 am 
COG Sergeant
COG Sergeant

The reason the shields a re getting kicked down is because you have to plant the shields backwards. That will stop that problem. It's a good strategy but really what fun is it when you have to sit, camp and wait for the horde to come to you?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:27 am 
COG Private First Class
COG Private First Class

Nice. I never thought about planting the shields backwards.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:24 am 
COG Private First Class
COG Private First Class

I never thought about planting them backwards, most of the time we don't have time 2 do that because theres 2 many ppl coming. Yeah it can be boring camping for some ppl, but me and him were just doing it for the achievement.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:34 am 
COG Gunnery Sergeant
COG Gunnery Sergeant

great strat ima c if it works with 1 person lol

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:29 pm 
COG Private First Class
COG Private First Class

Remember to keep the Wretches alive, so you can get ammo easier.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:20 am 
COG Private First Class
COG Private First Class

Eazy J101 wrote:
great strat ima c if it works with 1 person lol

haha good luck killing the maulers with one person

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:31 am 
COG Staff Sergeant
COG Staff Sergeant

i prefer security or river. on security, we get in the laser grid and snipe them wen they get in sight. they get stuk on 1 side and we kill them from the security of the barrier. and there is the mortor and mulcher so we have some big fire power. on the river wo go into the sniper building and i snipe while the other guards the door and the ramp.we prefer to leave a downed grub or 2 alive to get ammo instead of wretchs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:12 am 
COG Private First Class
COG Private First Class

i enjoy a lot horde mode and I also want the achievement for 50 rounds, so if any1 wanna try with me, let me know
[cool.gif]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:30 am 
COG Gunnery Sergeant
COG Gunnery Sergeant

pptmtz wrote:
i enjoy a lot horde mode and I also want the achievement for 50 rounds, so if any1 wanna try with me, let me know
[cool.gif]

I'll help ya out.
gt: muddeprived

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]