Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/common.php on line 103
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 414

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 414

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 96

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 96

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2994: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2995: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2996: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2997: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
Gears of War 2 Forums

It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:04 pm
Welcome to the Gears of War 2 Community Forum...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before you can post Comments / Threads you must first Register with our community. It takes 2 minutes of your time, and will give you access to Member Only content, as well as bring you to an eligible state for our current, and upcoming contests/giveaways.

• Up to date news on Gears of War 2 before we upload to other sites
  • Chat about Gears of War 2 in our brand new Shoutbox for members only!
  • Access special areas in the forum only available to registered members
  • Have a range of new skins to choose from.
  • Finally make friends and have fun discussion all things Gears of War 2!
  • Post and make new threads without being flamed,
  • Post Safe knowing our forums are fully moderated 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
  • Registered members get Credits every time they post! You can use these Credits towards contests and game giveaways!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Register Today!
Disable This Message!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Gamesta COD247 - All Call of Duty, All the Time MW4 Forum

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Ranking System Is still Pure Garbage
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:36 am 
COG Corporal
COG Corporal

Gears of war 1 Was Perfectly Fine without a Ranking system, and i have no problem with epic adding a ranking system in the game (BUT if there not Going to do it right why do it at all) So today i was online with a bunch of buddys we were getting wins and losses , we started getting a few staight wins in a row we finished playing a round we won 5-2 my K.D was like 12-3 but anyways when we got back to the lobby i was the same rank i was all day the 4th one so i was like i didnt rank up wich happens to every one but at least i didnt de-rank so we stay in the lobby a bit juss chatting then we go to the dashboard my rank still 4th , so we decide to go back on gears cause another friend signed on, and as soon as we set up a lobby my Rank Went Down By Like 2 and i was the 2nd highest rank in the game and now im never gunna get that high again due to the fact the the ranking system is Garbage, WTF i didnt even play and i de-rank EPiC please you just had a update and my rank screws up,, ?
does any one know why this would happen? besides the face of the garbage ranking system ??? [pinch.gif]

Last edited by ToRqUe_BoW on Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Ranking System Is still Pure Garbage
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:58 am 
COG Lance Corporal
COG Lance Corporal

The same thing happened to my friend except we won 10 and loss 2 and he went down to a 3 stripe. It took about a week for him to get his rank back and we won a lot of elimination and territories, but the one thing i noticed was that every time me and him ranked up was when we played wingman.
You should try to play wingman, i think that is that fastest way to get your rank higher. I have been a rank since the same week that this game came out, but i find it impossible to get to the highest one.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:17 am 
COG Corporal
COG Corporal

Gekall wrote:
The same thing happened to my friend except we won 10 and loss 2 and he went down to a 3 stripe. It took about a week for him to get his rank back and we won a lot of elimination and territories, but the one thing i noticed was that every time me and him ranked up was when we played wingman.
You should try to play wingman, i think that is that fastest way to get your rank higher. I have been a rank since the same week that this game came out, but i find it impossible to get to the highest one.

I know Right, ? They really have a great idea with the ranking system and all but like i said its not that great , and i think if there not going to do it right then why try, ? but ill try wingman as much as im not that big of a fan of it, thanks for the advice and info.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:41 am 
 WWW  Profile

Rank means nothing. I'm so upset that they even put it in a game like this. If they wanted to that bad, they should have done it like COD4 and made it a constantly increasing value so no one felt the need to cheat to obtain it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:22 pm 
COG Corporal
COG Corporal

Ik0n wrote:
Rank means nothing. I'm so upset that they even put it in a game like this. If they wanted to that bad, they should have done it like COD4 and made it a constantly increasing value so no one felt the need to cheat to obtain it.

Seeing That rank only depends on how much you play the game then yea your pretty much right rank really mean's nothing , but i worked hard for my rank and some how when i get back on i some how De rank i was the 2 highest ranking in the game and epic takes it away i understand if they take it away for a reason like not winning a game its just a rank but the principle is they took it from me for No reason, they tryed working on the garbage ranking system so much that they for get all about the gameplay, and i dont need to get into that cause lol theres a bunch of people on these forums saying what i want to say myself. so i will some what keep this topic on the ""Garbage Ranking System""

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:24 pm 
COG Private First Class
COG Private First Class

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M39ekZrmj7Y&NR=1

The system tries to determine who has SKILL and who doesn't. It isn't to reward people for playing the most...it rewards people for winning...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:18 pm 
COG Corporal
COG Corporal

So i decided to go back online to try and get my rank up to what it should be, plus my friend wanted to play some gears 2 so he puts were all just sitting the lobby my friend that just joined his rank was the same as mine the 4th one so were in the lobby then we decide to search for a game and as soon as it starts to search his rank De Ranks as well, so we Both got DE Ranked for are ranks that we earned, and we lost them in the most screw up ways due to the worst ranking system in a game ever made.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:23 pm 
COG Sergeant
COG Sergeant

i am sick of my gay rank i get to the gold 3 stripes on the first day of gears 2 and i have won and loss games but i have beaten soo many people with a higher rank than me and i STILL dont rank up i mean idk what to do i seriously just get pissed and quit...

XI MUDKiiP IX

Sig by IIGBII ACE135 (AIM)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:56 pm 
COG Sergeant
COG Sergeant

ToRqUe_BoW wrote:
... then we go to the dashboard my rank still 4th , so we decide to go back on gears cause another friend signed on, and as soon as we set up a lobby my Rank Went Down By Like 2 and i was the 2nd highest rank in the game and now im never gunna get that high again due to the fact the the ranking system is Garbage, WTF i didnt even play and i de-rank EPiC please you just had a update and my rank screws up,, ?

OMG THAT IS F***ING GAY! If that was me I would send Epic so much f***ing hatemail. You invest all your time and energy to accomplishing something in their f***ing piece of sh*t game only to have it ripped from your hands without any reason. If that ever happened to me I would never play Gears 2 ranked again. World at War is better anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:45 pm 
COG Corporal
COG Corporal

vX Iceman Xv wrote:
OMG THAT IS F***ING GAY! If that was me I would send Epic so much f***ing hatemail. You invest all your time and energy to accomplishing something in their f***ing piece of sh*t game only to have it ripped from your hands without any reason. If that ever happened to me I would never play Gears 2 ranked again. World at War is better anyway.

I Know For no Dam Reason My Rank DeRanks, i would understand if i lost a round or at least GOT TO PLAY before i derank , but as soon as i join a lobby they take my hard earned Rank away from me and yes i tryed not playing gears of war 2 due to the fact of the ranking system being straight garbage, but i still end up finding my self playing, juss i dont have as much fun because im feel like theres a caution sign saying when your done playing and want to give the game a break you would shut off your xbox or go to the dashboard, but apparently i have to stay in the lobbys and play 24/7 just so i dont dr-rank as much as rank dosnt mean anything in this game, but it was taken away for no dam reason and same with my friend,,

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next