Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/common.php on line 103
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 414

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 414

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 96
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2994: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2995: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2996: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2997: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
Gears of War 2 Forums

It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:05 am
Welcome to the Gears of War 2 Community Forum...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before you can post Comments / Threads you must first Register with our community. It takes 2 minutes of your time, and will give you access to Member Only content, as well as bring you to an eligible state for our current, and upcoming contests/giveaways.

• Up to date news on Gears of War 2 before we upload to other sites
  • Chat about Gears of War 2 in our brand new Shoutbox for members only!
  • Access special areas in the forum only available to registered members
  • Have a range of new skins to choose from.
  • Finally make friends and have fun discussion all things Gears of War 2!
  • Post and make new threads without being flamed,
  • Post Safe knowing our forums are fully moderated 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
  • Registered members get Credits every time they post! You can use these Credits towards contests and game giveaways!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Register Today!
Disable This Message!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Gamesta COD247 - All Call of Duty, All the Time MW4 Forum

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: miss gears 1? please read this, i need some feedback
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:24 pm 
COG Private First Class
COG Private First Class

first off, im what some of you call a 'troll' ... just letting you know so i dont waste any more of your hardcore video game discussion time, but it does seem like this forum community has alot less ignorance than the ones at gamefaqs. all im asking is for is some feedback. i make a living in the software developement industry (asp.net, c#, web design), and i would definitely be willing to see what it takes to bring my ideas to life or at least have the right people hear them...

ok so i was addicted to gears 1 for over 2 years like many others. i loved everything about it with the exception of host advantage and not being able to party up with teammates in ranked matches. so when i heard gears 2 was coming out, i was all over youtube checking out the gameplay vids. i hadn't looked forward to a new video game since i was a teenager (im in my late 20's now)..

now gears 2 has been out for 2 weeks.. i just can't seem to get that same rush from mp that gears 1 gave me. and trust me i've tried. this isn't because i lack skill, because i've actually managed to do pretty well, especially when im playing with friends or strangers with mics. i just think my biggest problem is that gears 1 was just... raw. i loved the shotty and the nimble movement of the characters, and i also loved the sniper, boomshot, pistol.. all the weapons really. with gears 2, i think they did a really good job with the weapons for the most part - with the exception of the shotty and chainsaw. but it almost feels like in gears 1 i was a ninja with a shotgun, and in gears 2 im the marshmellow man with a supersoaker (bash away lol). i've pretty much come to terms with the fact that gears 1 was one of the best accidents in video game history. please dont take this as trashing gears 2 because its an amazing game, especially the campaign... but i do believe there are a lot of gamers out there like myself that feel the same way about gears mp.

so, to the point of this topic, i thought of a solution rather than just come here and cry about how epic didn't do everything I wanted them to do with the sequel. how about a completely new game that uses the Unreal engine which keeps that same feel that gears 1 had? new characters, new story, etc. maybe more emphasis can go towards close quarter combat while keeping the long distance fighting in tact as well. still use cover, still have limb removing weapons, executions, all that good stuff. there are alot of up and coming developers out there and im sure there are plenty of young adults here thinking about this as a career. i am a web developer by profession so this may be the reason i thought of this.. from a dev's point of view.

ok there you go. if this post sucks, my bad. i just had to get this out of my system. but if you think this sounds like something that could actually become a reality.. its a real longshot i know and maybe my ambition is getting the best of me, but it would be nice to hear some feedback - good or bad..

Post subject: Re: miss gears 1? please read this, i need some feedback
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:12 pm 
COG Lance Corporal
COG Lance Corporal

wow you hit it right on..... i have over 80 k in gears one on warzone and i have yet to beat the campaign on gears 1.... at some point during me playing story mode i gave online MP a chance and I never looked back... yeah i got my @ss kicked for like the first week but then I started to kill people more so than dying within the first minuet,.,., it was raw and consumed my life like a wild fire... thats all there was for me... i just had the urge to play it.... i would try to play another game but 10 mins later i would throw in gears and i was back in it...

i've pretty much come to terms with the fact that gears 1 was one of the best accidents in video game history.

thats the truth.... if someone came up with a game style like gears 1 they would make an instant hit... there is nothing else like it... if they put these updates in gears 1 like weapons and frags on the walls... i would break my gears 2 disc video tape the process for all to see

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:10 pm 
COG Gunnery Sergeant
COG Gunnery Sergeant

I think that epic was trying to create a game that was a little bit bigger. Gears 1 was pretty much all rushing and close range shotgunning. I think they wanted to create more of an all around MP experience rather than a shotgun range. I do like your ideas and im sure that this style of gameplay is not going away any time soon. Who knows what they will do when they patch the game. By the way does anyone know when a patch is expected?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:23 pm 
COG Lance Corporal
COG Lance Corporal

The devs said that they were trying to make a different game. a game that wasn't rolling around with a shotgun every round, a game that took cover FAR more seriously, and a game that required much more teamwork than gears one. i think they did a good job, with the exception that there is still host, and the lancer saw is ridiculous. they added things in like the grenades being tagable into walls to stop rushers.

the biggest flaw with this game is gears 1. so many people are use to it, and while gears 2 looks and feels like gears 1, its a totally different game.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:55 pm 
COG Private First Class
COG Private First Class

lewzor wrote:
The devs said that they were trying to make a different game. a game that wasn't rolling around with a shotgun every round, a game that took cover FAR more seriously, and a game that required much more teamwork than gears one. i think they did a good job, with the exception that there is still host, and the lancer saw is ridiculous. they added things in like the grenades being tagable into walls to stop rushers.

the biggest flaw with this game is gears 1. so many people are use to it, and while gears 2 looks and feels like gears 1, its a totally different game.

I think the thing that makes the lancer seem so ridiculous is the scaled down shotgun. But, I also prefer the new shotgun to the gears 1 shotgun. Go ahead and flame me, but it I thought it had too much range, at least for a 1 hit meatsplosion kill. I think cover means more because of this, but I have also noticed that the lancer is really abused in ranked MP. When all of my friends from school and I play, we only use the lancer's gun, hardly ever a saw unless we are all in party chat and say "He, lets saw duel to see who wins the round"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:44 pm 
COG Gunnery Sergeant
COG Gunnery Sergeant

WARNING: WALL OF TEXT

I can definitely agree about likely the Gears 2 shotty more it's just the fact that if some random person walks towards you with a revved chainsaw you're pretty much screwed. If there was a patch that downed the power of the chainsaw and left the shotty alone there would be no problems. I played Gears 1 a week after I got Gears 2 just so I could really see the difference and yes the Gears 1 shotty is amazing but that was all there was to Gears 1 multiplayer and the scaling down in Gears 2 gave it some depth. Now people are more likely to pickup weapons or work as a team instead of running in with your active host shotty and merking the world.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:10 pm 
COG Sergeant
COG Sergeant

No I think it's safe to say I was absolutely ADDICTED to Gears 1. As an A student, I failed English for it. I put hours upon hours into that game and it was great. I made friends, assembled clans, and became consumed in all that was Gears. I reserved Gears 2 the day the release date was anounced. Gamestop told me they weren't taking reserves on it yet and I told them to check the system and they were proven wrong. I was hoping for new weapons (which I got), new maps (a given), and a fix to the server/host advantage errors (matchmaking). The first time I put it in my system and got into a multiplayer match I felt as though this was a foreign game. I didn't get a shotgun kill for about a week and I couldn't grasp the concept of grenades stuck on everything. But, after an open-minded few weeks I'm starting to embrace the new Gears. It feels bulkier, slower, and more tactical, but its what I have. No more run and gun with the Gnasher, but also no more network errors. The last few nights I've been playing a lot with parties which eliminated the endless amounts of waiting times matchmaking brings about. The lag bothers me sometimes, but all and all it has been a lot of fun. I've gotten used to the feel of the game and now know the flow of the maps. Its a totally new game, but yet again I may become addicted. Is it warming up on anyone else?

FIFAfanatic7

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:47 pm 
COG Corporal
COG Corporal

I played GoW 1 several times (prob 10 or so) but never was hardcore or got any good at it. I played it at a friends house a long time ago and it inspired me to purchase an xbox 360 tbh! The multiplayer action, while not perfect was intense and fast as crap. It drew me in right away regardless of the game deviating from my norm of 1st person shooters. When I got a 360 I picked up orange box being an old pc half life gamer. And got addicted to that, played it for almost 4 months online non-stop. Waiting for new maps to be released which never fucking came! grr microsoft..... its in them because valve wants to release all kinds of new updates and maps but microsoft is cock blocking them on everything haha. But I am happy with GoW 2. It looks great and plays great. I do feel the lag disadvantage when not hosting but the lag others describe on this board have not been consistent with the lag I have experienced...... I think some people are exagerating the lag during games because GoW 2 isnt the game they expected it to be down to a T. And of course a game the was insanely successful even though it had flaws never addressed, its sequel is hardly ever going to please 99% they might come close but theres always going to be 5 % of GoW 1 gamers who are really dissapointed..... and that happens, what can EPIC do besides release a patch that address a few of the issues people are bitching about? They cant release un update for it to be a completely fucking game which some people seem to want. Anyways enough rambling im happy with GoW 2 except for the still unfixed host advantage and of course the power of the chainsaw. I think they made the shotty just how it should be.

My gamer tag is ChemicalSmiles just as my name on the board im down for games with any other US GoW 2 fans. I just picked it up so i'm still learning of course. :D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:11 pm 
COG Lance Corporal
COG Lance Corporal

ok i think every single one of you will agree that Gears of war 1 is the single greates t Xbox 360 game out ther. And Gears 2 is Bigger and more badass but not better. The shotgun change seems good at this point becuase no hosts can whore it out. Also the adtives seem much less effective and over all less important. The comman glitches were fixed except invisibility which not many people know about. i know but i would never tell anyone becuase it would be that kind of glitch that WOULD destroy all the multiplayer. Also the bigger is greats. And encredibly large campaign, a epic and huge story, and the biggest enemys since the whale in Ocarina of time. And the badass is definatly an incredible fatore. The incredibly buetiful graphics are orgasmic lol. and the new assassinations kick ass. Also the Achievments are alot better so i dont have to kill 100 people in 1 mode with each wepon. mainly i hate the chainsaw. it creates a literal vacume that sucks you into it. But i love how chainsaing in no longer an invulnerable thing. The biggest problem BY FAR is the matchmaking. It takes far to long and there are no more public player battles WTF. also i cant even choose what map to play. But i do like how it mixes things up. Also i have to thank epic for currently working on fixing the matchmaking and glitches and making a more reliable server. I am also so redicilously glad they made stats that people really care about so they wont quit the match and the 5 peron teams are a;lways exiting. I am impressed with all of the maps and the remakes. and i think that the mortar and mulcher and especially the wall tagging mix things up alot. so i suppose to sum it all up i love gears 2 and i cant wait until Epic realeses the matchmaking update. so if you wanna play my gamertage is shamazingsam. and i can only play during the weekend cause i played gow 2 so much i got a D in Math so i got grounded...ooops

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]