Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/common.php on line 103
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 414

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 414

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 96

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 96
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2994: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2995: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2996: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2997: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
Gears of War 2 Forums

It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:08 am
Welcome to the Gears of War 2 Community Forum...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before you can post Comments / Threads you must first Register with our community. It takes 2 minutes of your time, and will give you access to Member Only content, as well as bring you to an eligible state for our current, and upcoming contests/giveaways.

• Up to date news on Gears of War 2 before we upload to other sites
  • Chat about Gears of War 2 in our brand new Shoutbox for members only!
  • Access special areas in the forum only available to registered members
  • Have a range of new skins to choose from.
  • Finally make friends and have fun discussion all things Gears of War 2!
  • Post and make new threads without being flamed,
  • Post Safe knowing our forums are fully moderated 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
  • Registered members get Credits every time they post! You can use these Credits towards contests and game giveaways!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Register Today!
Disable This Message!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Gamesta COD247 - All Call of Duty, All the Time MW4 Forum

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: why gears of war 2 dissapoints on so many levels
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:22 pm 
COG Lance Corporal
COG Lance Corporal

gears of war 1 = you had to put in the time and effort to get good at the game

i remember when i first started i was horrible only lasting maybe on average 1 minuet and i would die.... but what caught my eye was the fact that there A. was NOTHING like this out... and B. it was up close and personal...

gears of war 2... its pretty much HALO 3.5 where you throw smoke frags and chainsaw people/.... they dumbed this game down so much EVERYYYYYBODY is good limiting people to just 5 rounds? in gears one they didint want people to stack teams so they made the changes but in this sequel they let people stack teams why? because its dumbed down so everyone can get 1,000 points a game...

They disrespected the leader borads!! they MAIN reason I played gears one for so long was to Rank up in the top 100 That was it.... I till this day have yet to beat campaign on gears 1 yet i have over 80,000 kills on Gears of war 1 now theres a voting system??? WOW i find myself forced to play fn guardian? or execution??? why not let the people who BOUGHT the game fn decide what they Feel like playing~!!

Everyone who says gears of war 2 is better than gears 1 well my friends im pretty confident that you SUCKED in gears 1 and youre ammmazing in gears 2 right?

message to epic.............. cliffy if i wanted to play halo i woulda purchased halo.... my god I thought it impossible to mess this game up... how do you mess gears of war the best game ever made?

all you people who complained about the lancer being too weak and the shotgun too strong... and the patches that followed those complaints ruined the game and were signs that this game would become what it has.... campaign amazing multiplayer disgusting

Post subject: Re: why gears of war 2 dissapoints on so many levels
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:59 pm 
COG Private First Class
COG Private First Class

hey man i agree with you for the most part. the one thing i cant say is that i'm pissed at epic for making a sequel that is almost depressing (for me). i say this because gears 1 was epic's first try, and they weren't happy with it. i've just admitted to myself that gears of war 1 was a mistake. epic admits that they messed up by making it more of an 'in you face' close quarters game. cliffy hated the shotty and wanted more team tactics i guess. but either way, gears 3, gears 4.. hell even gears XII will never be like gears 1. they made a beatiful disaster of a game. they had no intentions of players rolling around shooting each other with shotguns. seems alot of people believe gears 1 was nothing but a shotgun fest... well man i can tell you that if someone wants to only use a shotty, then i can pull out my pistol, lancer, whatever, and take care of business. the shotgun was never unstoppable.

either way, gears 1 was , according to epic, broken. im not talking about glitches or host advantage here, those are all a given of things that needed to be fixed. im talking about the quickness of the players and how you just wanted to get into the battle and start ripping each other to shreds. this is nothing like paintball, which is what they really wanted to game to be like... a paintball-like 3rd person shooter. well what they did was make one of the best games of all time, and they did it by accident. gears 2 is what epic really had in mind. great game. really is. has some bugs that need to be fixed but im sure that will happen. gears 1 however is now just as much a classic as pink floyd's dark side of the moon (ok alittle exagerated lol). there will never be another. that is unless a new game series is made that uses gears 1 as its primary influence. i posted my idea of this (viewtopic.php?f=39&t=714)..

but cliffy, and lets not forget about the ones who did the real work here - the Epic Team, they do not deserve such harsh insults. they worked their butts off to make gears 2, and they will for the patches, and they will for the future gears games. us gears 1 fanatics could potentially make something happen. get the gaming industry to recognize that we want another game that is more like gears1. the insults and 'newb' bashing are all just temporary little pixels that will one day be erased from this board's database forever. but if people start acting and trying to be part of a solution instead of just whining, then there's a much better chance that you could be playing a true sequel of gears 1, while the others enjoy gears 2+...

Last edited by get2daCH0PPER on Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:00 pm 
COG Private First Class
COG Private First Class

wow r u fn retarded?

first of all u were probably only good on the first one because u played randoms and noobs
so now that ppl can make parties and actually know people in their games u decide that they are too good for u so u start bitching about it

u are a complete and epic failure

u are probably one of the people from gears 1 who would melee and then shoot your shotgun and u probably suck with the lancer

the goal of gears 2 was to make the lancer a weapon people actually use, lower the power of the shotgun and to create parties for people to know each other.

so basically what im saying is that if u are complaining that gears 2 is easier than the 1st gears then u need to learn to shoot someone if they are running at u with a revved chainsaw because thats the only easy way of getting kills

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:14 pm 
COG Gunnery Sergeant
COG Gunnery Sergeant

whered ur head go? wrote:
wow r u fn retarded?

first of all u were probably only good on the first one because u played randoms and noobs
so now that ppl can make parties and actually know people in their games u decide that they are too good for u so u start bitching about it

u are a complete and epic failure

u are probably one of the people from gears 1 who would melee and then shoot your shotgun and u probably suck with the lancer

the goal of gears 2 was to make the lancer a weapon people actually use, lower the power of the shotgun and to create parties for people to know each other.

so basically what im saying is that if u are complaining that gears 2 is easier than the 1st gears then u need to learn to shoot someone if they are running at u with a revved chainsaw because thats the only easy way of getting kills

First of all this is a discussion forum. Everyone has a right to their opinions and saying things like "Are u fn retarted?" only makes you sound stupid. If you disagree with something then disguss it don't just act like a jackass and post degrading material. Some people like gears 2 some like gears 1 better. That doesn't make them retarted.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:59 am 
COG Gunnery Sergeant
COG Gunnery Sergeant

I don't really know much about all that you talked about but i can say gears of war 2 is pretty damn sweet. I am coming from a the Halo world. I have em all and been playing them since they came out. THis is my first DIFFERENT game in a long time and i think it's quite amazing. I can't stop playing it and my halo 3 cd is collecting dust.

I only played gow1 once and didn't give it a chance. It wasn't really my type but the first time i played gow2 on horde, i was HOOKED.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:17 am 

Alright Everybody

The problems with gears 1 was....

1. Host Advantage[shotgun/lancer]
2. active downs with sniper
3. shotgun whoring[epic never thought it would be so powerful]
4. Glitching

The problems with gears 2......

1. lag and i mean major lag
2. 3 boomshots in the boomer[but nobody complains when they have it]
3. host advantage is still the same[i know because i own when im host]
4. smoke grenades[stun grenades] i think Epic made the same mistake with this as
they done with the shotgun in gears 1.
5. Glitching with a twist,you can use your smoke grenade to glitch you out of a
map, Example, The map River.
its like epic gave you a weapon for glitching.
6. Chainsaw God mode[the chainsaw was fine in gears 1]
7. matchmaking take's an extremely long time[and you don't have people to party up
with all the time.
8. Ranking system doesn't make sense.
8.1 There's only five ranks, And Epic say you party up with people with a similar skill level
so why i'm i partying up with rank five's[the highest rank] and rank 1's in the same
match.
8.2 When you quit matches your rank doesn't go down.
9. I'm not sure if epic intended this...
you can stick grenade tags to walls[everyone knew this]
but wait you can also stick them to the ground.
i tried that in one match and it worked wonders.
10. you can't have fun with random people

if i missed any points tell me

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:16 pm 
COG Lance Corporal
COG Lance Corporal

If you think Gears 2 is easy surely its because you got so good at the first that it's like riding a bike ? [usd.gif]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:33 pm 
COG Gunnery Sergeant
COG Gunnery Sergeant

The Horde wrote:
Alright Everybody

The problems with gears 1 was....

1. Host Advantage[shotgun/lancer]
2. active downs with sniper
3. shotgun whoring[epic never thought it would be so powerful]
4. Glitching

The problems with gears 2......

1. lag and i mean major lag
2. 3 boomshots in the boomer[but nobody complains when they have it]
3. host advantage is still the same[i know because i own when im host]
4. smoke grenades[stun grenades] i think Epic made the same mistake with this as
they done with the shotgun in gears 1.
5. Glitching with a twist,you can use your smoke grenade to glitch you out of a
map, Example, The map River.
its like epic gave you a weapon for glitching.
6. Chainsaw God mode[the chainsaw was fine in gears 1]
7. matchmaking take's an extremely long time[and you don't have people to party up
with all the time.
8. Ranking system doesn't make sense.
8.1 There's only five ranks, And Epic say you party up with people with a similar skill level
so why i'm i partying up with rank five's[the highest rank] and rank 1's in the same
match.
8.2 When you quit matches your rank doesn't go down.
9. I'm not sure if epic intended this...
you can stick grenade tags to walls[everyone knew this]
but wait you can also stick them to the ground.
i tried that in one match and it worked wonders.
10. you can't have fun with random people

if i missed any points tell me

Props. Mad props. Well layed out and easy for anybody to comprehend who might be on the fence about how broken this game is.
Halo 3 is now running nicely in my CD tray again.
Until Epic fixes all the bullshit, Gears can continue to be a game played solely for the purpose of comedy.
"Did a smoke grenade just glitch me through the bridge on River?"
"Is that guy outside the map?"
"That shot didn't kill him? Wow..."
"I guess his chainsaw eats my bullets..."
"Am I roadie crawling?"
The list goes on. Endless amounts of laughter if you realize what the game truly is... Busted.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:08 pm 
COG Corporal
COG Corporal

has the first patch been released? if not is there a date planned?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:29 pm 
COG Lance Corporal
COG Lance Corporal

im also a halo guy and i like it more than gears but there are attractive things in GOW that i like too.
Horde mode, that is too cool. I like teamwork and that forces it to happen or you loose. I like
being able to take cover etc.
There are some things to be fixed but you will never please everyone especially with weapons. this was
the same for halo, everyone bitched about needler and shotgun etc. just play the game
offer suggestions for improvement using proper punctuation and maybe Epic will listen up. give them a chance.
Ive found that im often waiting for Multiplayer in Horde to find other players. In fact last night 9:00 eastern or so i waited 10 minutes and never found anything. kept searching then resetting. i finally gave up.
Ive read this isnt too uncommon and hopefully a fix will be out there. I think its a great game
and it has alot to offer, just needs some tweaking to make it real nice.
Campaign was great. i had no complaints with it.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next