Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/common.php on line 103
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 414

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 414

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 96

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 96

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2994: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2995: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2996: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2997: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
Gears of War 2 Forums

It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:51 pm
Welcome to the Gears of War 2 Community Forum...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before you can post Comments / Threads you must first Register with our community. It takes 2 minutes of your time, and will give you access to Member Only content, as well as bring you to an eligible state for our current, and upcoming contests/giveaways.

• Up to date news on Gears of War 2 before we upload to other sites
  • Chat about Gears of War 2 in our brand new Shoutbox for members only!
  • Access special areas in the forum only available to registered members
  • Have a range of new skins to choose from.
  • Finally make friends and have fun discussion all things Gears of War 2!
  • Post and make new threads without being flamed,
  • Post Safe knowing our forums are fully moderated 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
  • Registered members get Credits every time they post! You can use these Credits towards contests and game giveaways!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Register Today!
Disable This Message!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Gamesta COD247 - All Call of Duty, All the Time MW4 Forum

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Is multiplayer[ranked] going to die faster[for me anyway]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:08 pm 

Because.
There's only 5 ranks,
and 4 multiplayer achievements.
lag is also pissing people.

Unless They make new achievements/gametypes/but also more ranks[i'm already on the third one and a couple more's day's and i'll have the fourth one,then in about two to three weeks i'll have the fifth one]

Post subject: Re: Is multiplayer[ranked] going to die faster[for me anyway]
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:40 am 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

I don't think they need to make anymore achievements or gametypes. Gears 1 only had 4 gametypes and that was fine. Also, the only people who will be annoyed about the lack of multiplayer achievements is gamerscore whores. If you play multiplayer just to get achievements that is sad, in my opinion. The same goes for people who play multiplayer for the sake of a rank, what is the point? I have 2 silver bars and I am probably better than most people with gold bars.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:26 am 
COG Gunnery Sergeant
COG Gunnery Sergeant

CriSiS wrote:
I don't think they need to make anymore achievements or gametypes. Gears 1 only had 4 gametypes and that was fine. Also, the only people who will be annoyed about the lack of multiplayer achievements is gamerscore whores. If you play multiplayer just to get achievements that is sad, in my opinion. The same goes for people who play multiplayer for the sake of a rank, what is the point? I have 2 silver bars and I am probably better than most people with gold bars.

I agree. It seems a lot of people are so concerned about ranking and achievements anymore. Why don't we all just open the wrapping from the game, put it in the console and enjoy the game regardless of what ranking you will receive? I guess some people have no status in life and need this as their alter ego. lol Pathetic.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:37 am 

CriSiS wrote:

yeah but because of the lag
people don't like public matches.
gears 1 didn't have much lag,and no one complained.
And Achievement whore's have 10,000 of thousands of gamerpoints.
and i don't really see how adding more achievements will encourage them.
They move from game to game in less than a week

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:41 am 

sadistic1vw wrote:
CriSiS wrote:

I agree. It seems a lot of people are so concerned about ranking and achievements anymore. Why don't we all just open the wrapping from the game, put it in the console and enjoy the game regardless of what ranking you will receive? I guess some people have no status in life and need this as their alter ego. lol Pathetic.

You remind me of Americans[Republicans].
you don't seem to want change.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:08 pm 
COG Private First Class
COG Private First Class

the acheivements and ranks give you something to work for just playin over and over just to do it gets boring but if your workin on 100 sniper kills give you something to do if your tryna rank up and reach your goal and its hard make you more addicted

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:46 am 
 WWW  Profile

People need to start playing the game to have fun. Ranks & Achievements mean absolutely nothing and are the cause of most of the cheating in the game (lagswitches and such). I wish there were no visible ranks and no achievements for MP. Then, people would play it to have fun.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:41 am 
COG Gunnery Sergeant
COG Gunnery Sergeant

The Horde wrote:
sadistic1vw wrote:
CriSiS wrote:

You remind me of Americans[Republicans].
you don't seem to want change.

I take offense to that.
Change is good, when in moderation.
Do things slowly, easier to adapt.

Ik0n said it best a few posts back... Ranks cause people to cheat to achieve some sort of satisfaction. (Pathetic)
What ever happened to a spirited fight? A fair fight? Chivalry?

Anybody remember the days when one would walk up to your opponent, throw a melee in the air to signify a fair fight, and have a solid duel?
THAT is what I love about shooters, the perfectly fair competition.
This is not the shooter for that, and it depresses me every time I get onto MP.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:23 pm 
COG Sergeant
COG Sergeant

Ik0n wrote:
People need to start playing the game to have fun. Ranks & Achievements mean absolutely nothing and are the cause of most of the cheating in the game (lagswitches and such). I wish there were no visible ranks and no achievements for MP. Then, people would play it to have fun.

Im with ikon on this one, epic had it right when they made unreal tournament, that game was 300% competitive = no ranks, no bullshit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:21 am 
COG Corporal
COG Corporal

The Horde wrote:
Because.
There's only 5 ranks,
and 4 multiplayer achievements.
lag is also pissing people.

Unless They make new achievements/gametypes/but also more ranks[i'm already on the third one and a couple more's day's and i'll have the fourth one,then in about two to three weeks i'll have the fifth one]

dude ranks arent based on time, they are based on ability. so for all you know you could be on the 3rd one 4 a loooooong time. if u do crap repeatedly you can even go down

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next