Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/common.php on line 103
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 414

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 414

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 96

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 96
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2994: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2995: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2996: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2997: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
Gears of War 2 Forums

It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:30 pm
Welcome to the Gears of War 2 Community Forum...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before you can post Comments / Threads you must first Register with our community. It takes 2 minutes of your time, and will give you access to Member Only content, as well as bring you to an eligible state for our current, and upcoming contests/giveaways.

• Up to date news on Gears of War 2 before we upload to other sites
  • Chat about Gears of War 2 in our brand new Shoutbox for members only!
  • Access special areas in the forum only available to registered members
  • Have a range of new skins to choose from.
  • Finally make friends and have fun discussion all things Gears of War 2!
  • Post and make new threads without being flamed,
  • Post Safe knowing our forums are fully moderated 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
  • Registered members get Credits every time they post! You can use these Credits towards contests and game giveaways!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Register Today!
Disable This Message!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Gamesta COD247 - All Call of Duty, All the Time MW4 Forum

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: The shotgun is not what is wrong with gears 2
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:56 pm 
COG Private First Class
COG Private First Class

First off the shotgun was powered down because gears was never intended to be a game where you just ran around shotgunning people. It was meant to be a game were you and your teammates went and hid behind cover to suppress the enemy then flank them. And that's what they did. They made the game more tactical. Although there are some things that could need some fixing. Like the chainsaw for example which is extremely cheap when you try shooting someone who is revved with half a clip only to end up in a heap of meat. Also I think the amount of time you are knocked out from a smoke grenade and the amount of time you have to run from a frag grenade are far too long. This is my argument please don't just write things that are just hateful and not backed up with examples or facts. Sorry this is so long and thanks for reading [smile.gif]

Post subject: Re: The shotgun is not what is wrong with gears 2
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:23 pm 
COG Lance Corporal
COG Lance Corporal

i think the game is pretty well balanced, but i agree that the chainsaw is pretty darn overpowered.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:53 pm 
COG Staff Sergeant
COG Staff Sergeant

MasterOfTHE Sun wrote:
First off the shotgun was powered down because gears was never intended to be a game where you just ran around shotgunning people. It was meant to be a game were you and your teammates went and hid behind cover to suppress the enemy then flank them. And that's what they did. They made the game more tactical. Although there are some things that could need some fixing. Like the chainsaw for example which is extremely cheap when you try shooting someone who is revved with half a clip only to end up in a heap of meat. Also I think the amount of time you are knocked out from a smoke grenade and the amount of time you have to run from a frag grenade are far too long. This is my argument please don't just write things that are just hateful and not backed up with examples or facts. Sorry this is so long and thanks for reading [smile.gif]

true its not you know what is tho the center of the screen aint a crosshair no more. that mean you cant move left and right with a shotty or any type of weapon getting a good shot with out holding the L trigger you cant even tap The L trigger and shoot cause epic f it up.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:41 pm 
COG Private First Class
COG Private First Class

Yeah dude, the chainsaw is wack!!!!
They need to make it like the first one, where if you get a shot on the kid thats revin it, it stuns him so he has to re-rev it again, that would be fair. But its like they go in god mode when its out like that, they can walk through anything.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:28 pm 
COG Staff Sergeant
COG Staff Sergeant

must be nice to chainsaw someone, everytime i tryed it wouldnt register half the time. the chainsaw battle is pretty cool though

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:16 pm 
COG Sergeant
COG Sergeant

i completely agree. most people didnt play gears online the 1st 2 weeks so they dont remember that the reason the shotgun is as it now in gears 1 was because of a patch. originally it was similar to gears 2's. Im tired of hearing gripes about the shotgun when every i play with and have talked to uses it fine, and the game isn't made to be all about the shotgun

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:55 pm 
COG Private First Class
COG Private First Class

It seems fine to me. Sure, the shotgun doesn't shoot as quickly, but I still find it to be the best close-range weapon available.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:21 pm 
COG Gunnery Sergeant
COG Gunnery Sergeant

iwhitecastle wrote:
MasterOfTHE Sun wrote:

true its not you know what is tho the center of the screen aint a crosshair no more. that mean you cant move left and right with a shotty or any type of weapon getting a good shot with out holding the L trigger you cant even tap The L trigger and shoot cause epic f it up.

I personally like the new shotgun because it forces you to not get lazy while aiming it. In my opinion it is still pretty powerful tho cuz i've murdered ppl at a pretty good range with one shot many times but you really do have to makesure that gun is pointed directly if you're shooting from the hip

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:53 pm 
COG Sergeant
COG Sergeant

I agree with you... I have complained about the new shotty but I do like your POV on the topic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:02 pm 
COG Lance Corporal
COG Lance Corporal

i agree i am unhappy with the chainsaw tho

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next