Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/common.php on line 103
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 414

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 414

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 96
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2994: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2995: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2996: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2997: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
Gears of War 2 Forums

It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:05 am
Welcome to the Gears of War 2 Community Forum...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before you can post Comments / Threads you must first Register with our community. It takes 2 minutes of your time, and will give you access to Member Only content, as well as bring you to an eligible state for our current, and upcoming contests/giveaways.

• Up to date news on Gears of War 2 before we upload to other sites
  • Chat about Gears of War 2 in our brand new Shoutbox for members only!
  • Access special areas in the forum only available to registered members
  • Have a range of new skins to choose from.
  • Finally make friends and have fun discussion all things Gears of War 2!
  • Post and make new threads without being flamed,
  • Post Safe knowing our forums are fully moderated 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
  • Registered members get Credits every time they post! You can use these Credits towards contests and game giveaways!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Register Today!
Disable This Message!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Gamesta COD247 - All Call of Duty, All the Time MW4 Forum

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: Horde Lv 50 and How You Did It?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:48 pm 
COG Sergeant
COG Sergeant

I wanna know any tactis or anything you can share on how you made it to level 50 in horde. I did it with oe of my buddies and we made it to level 50 on insane on DAY ONE. We camped out on the upper stairwell level and just covered the stairs as enemies came up. Eventually we stuck a shield in front of the stairs so enemies couldn't get by. Usually a mortar cannon or hammer of dawn spawn there so it is a really good spot for horde.

Post subject: Re: Horde Lv 50 and How You Did It?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:19 pm 
COG Lance Corporal
COG Lance Corporal

What I did was I had me and 3 of my friends and we played on Gridlock. We went to the areas that are by where the hammerburst spawned in gears 1, in the part with the roof over it. What we did was we got the weapons before the initial enemies came and set up camp. We then waited for maulers to get close to us, took them down and took their shield. Then I took the shield and put it in the doorway so that noone could get by it unless they kicked it over...which they dont do very often. Then I just waited for another mauler and put its shield in the staircase entrance. As long as you have semi-smart people guarding the shields you should be ok.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:14 pm 
COG Sergeant Major
COG Sergeant Major

For me, i had 4 others with me, so 5 people on Horde. The map i found easiest for me to beat it was Blood Drive. The room that you FIRST spawn in, i call the safehouse. Everyone stick in there and wait for the guys to come to you. Once the locust w/ the shield come, take the shield and baracade yourself in that room so no locust come inside. You might have to leave the room to pick up ammo/grenades. Get two shields to surely block off the entrance of the spawn room. No boomers or other locusts can walk though.

THE TAKE OVER- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=914Su8J0EHY
MY BLINDFIRES- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czhtPXni8d4

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:55 pm 
 WWW  Profile

We did it the same^ on Blood Drive.. on Insane.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:21 pm 
COG Staff Sergeant
COG Staff Sergeant

Pick a map with good power weapons, find a place that ammo respawns, plant shields and grenades

I just started really playin horde yesterday and I only got to wave 36 cuz my boys had to bounce. We held down the outside of mansion for the constant respawn of boom/nades. just plant mad grenades at the front door and always have someone lookin out on the left/right side

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:14 pm 
 YIM  Profile

go to security and stay behind the lasers

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:57 pm 
COG Private First Class
COG Private First Class

I did this with one other person. We played on Day One and took control of the Sniper/Torque spawn. If anyone managed to come up the steps, we would retreat behind the ledge and shoot them with lancers. Pretty simple.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:28 am 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Camping is easily the best way to do Horde. Everyone stay in one room; tag all entrances with a grenade, preferably a frag. When something comes through a door behind you, you will hear the grenade then know and lancer the hell out of whatever comes through the door. Like you said you did we also camped on the stairs on Day One where the mortar was which also worked, the time we finished with the mortar, either it or the hammer of dawn had respawned. The big weapons are a huge advantage; always pick up a mulcher when you kill a grinder, they can take out boomers etc with ease.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:30 am 
COG Staff Sergeant
COG Staff Sergeant

Glenn wow...that is the best idea ive ever heard and have no IDEA why I didnt think of that wow..but we beat 50 on Mansion. Held down the place were snipe and bow spawn. Used shottys to kill beast riders. Put a shield in the front door. When we got to 48 we used shields to hold down the stairwell put one at top and one at bottom. We beat 46-50 in about 5 mins.

ROLL TIDE ROLL! 8-0 (3-0)
"He was a leader, patriotic to the core, devoted to his players, and inspired by a winning spirit that wouldn't quit. And that's how he made legends out of ordinary people. He was a true American hero, and he was Alabama's own."

-President Ronald Reagan speaking about Coach Bryant in 1984.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]