Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/common.php on line 103
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 414

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 414

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 96

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 96

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2994: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2995: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2996: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2997: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
Gears of War 2 Forums

It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:06 am
Welcome to the Gears of War 2 Community Forum...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before you can post Comments / Threads you must first Register with our community. It takes 2 minutes of your time, and will give you access to Member Only content, as well as bring you to an eligible state for our current, and upcoming contests/giveaways.

• Up to date news on Gears of War 2 before we upload to other sites
  • Chat about Gears of War 2 in our brand new Shoutbox for members only!
  • Access special areas in the forum only available to registered members
  • Have a range of new skins to choose from.
  • Finally make friends and have fun discussion all things Gears of War 2!
  • Post and make new threads without being flamed,
  • Post Safe knowing our forums are fully moderated 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
  • Registered members get Credits every time they post! You can use these Credits towards contests and game giveaways!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Register Today!
Disable This Message!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Gamesta COD247 - All Call of Duty, All the Time MW4 Forum

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: My Opinion On Gears 2 *Minor Spoilers*
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:24 am 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

OK here is what I think of Gears of War 2.

Campaign
The story is an absolute masterpiece and miles better than the Gears 1 campaign. I was expecting a shorter campaign as that was my feeling from the reviews and I was surprised at the length of the campaign. I also though it would have been better if there was more missions that weren't underground because I love mission that are on the surface. The addition of riding the Brumak and Reaver are great and also a brilliant way to get some more kills. Overall I was very happy with the Gears 2 campaign and I didn’t find a bit of it dull or boring and was on the edge of my seat with all the battles, the numbers of Locust compared to Gears 1 is massive. Out of the 5 I would give the campaign 4.5/5. Nothing is perfect but this is very close to it.

Multiplayer
Honestly I am not a big fan of the multiplayer. I hate the new lobby system and preferred the Gears 1 multiplayer. I do like the new multiplayer game types like Wingman. I am not that big a fan of King of the Hill because you have to stay in the ring to gain points and in a match the other day I was in the circle several times and some newbie runs in throws a smoke grenade, knocks you down and then chainsaws you when you get up. I found the multiplayer confusing at first with the new layout but you do get used to it. I would give the multiplayer 3/5 but once you get used to the new lobby system it deserves a 4/5.

Weapons
I love the new weapons, who wouldn't love extra weapons? The mortar is great for taking out bigger enemies such as the Brumaks on Act 5. The mulcher is also brilliant and be a huge help in Horde mode. On a downside however I do like the new Sniper and Shotgun, the new Shotgun is too weak. I know Cliffy B wanted to eliminate the run and gun element that was in Gears 1 but the shotgun is useless. The Sniper is also not as good and feels more stiff and awkward, much like the shotgun.

Overall Gears 2 gets an 8.5/10 from me. I found this game better than Gears 1 Campaign wise but did prefer the multiplayer in Gears 1. Although the new game types in multiplayer make up for the lobby system.

Post subject: Re: My Opinion On Gears 2 *Minor Spoilers*
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:04 pm 
COG Master Sgt, First Sgt

CriSiS wrote:
OK here is what I think of Gears of War 2.

Campaign
The story is an absolute masterpiece and miles better than the Gears 1 campaign. I was expecting a shorter campaign as that was my feeling from the reviews and I was surprised at the length of the campaign. I also though it would have been better if there was more missions that weren't underground because I love mission that are on the surface. The addition of riding the Brumak and Reaver are great and also a brilliant way to get some more kills. Overall I was very happy with the Gears 2 campaign and I didn’t find a bit of it dull or boring and was on the edge of my seat with all the battles, the numbers of Locust compared to Gears 1 is massive. Out of the 5 I would give the campaign 4.5/5. Nothing is perfect but this is very close to it.

Multiplayer
Honestly I am not a big fan of the multiplayer. I hate the new lobby system and preferred the Gears 1 multiplayer. I do like the new multiplayer game types like Wingman. I am not that big a fan of King of the Hill because you have to stay in the ring to gain points and in a match the other day I was in the circle several times and some newbie runs in throws a smoke grenade, knocks you down and then chainsaws you when you get up. I found the multiplayer confusing at first with the new layout but you do get used to it. I would give the multiplayer 3/5 but once you get used to the new lobby system it deserves a 4/5.

Weapons
I love the new weapons, who wouldn't love extra weapons? The mortar is great for taking out bigger enemies such as the Brumaks on Act 5. The mulcher is also brilliant and be a huge help in Horde mode. On a downside however I do like the new Sniper and Shotgun, the new Shotgun is too weak. I know Cliffy B wanted to eliminate the run and gun element that was in Gears 1 but the shotgun is useless. The Sniper is also not as good and feels more stiff and awkward, much like the shotgun.

Overall Gears 2 gets an 8.5/10 from me. I found this game better than Gears 1 Campaign wise but did prefer the multiplayer in Gears 1. Although the new game types in multiplayer make up for the lobby system.

We agree on just about everything. But I'd still give it a 9.25

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:15 pm 
COG Sergeant Major
COG Sergeant Major

nice post, agreed

THE TAKE OVER- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=914Su8J0EHY
MY BLINDFIRES- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czhtPXni8d4

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:31 am 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

DocBoCook wrote:
But I'd still give it a 9.25

.25? Very precise lol

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:09 am 
COG Gunnery Sergeant
COG Gunnery Sergeant

I agree with most everything except i am on the opposite side when it comes to the shotgun and sniper. I find that it just takes some getting used to with the shotgun in order to be effective. I'm not sure if this is true but it seems like if you aim and shoot no matter how close you are the dmg is not nearly as great as if you shoot from the hip which is what takes getting used to. Sniper tho i find much easier to use. I always had problems with Gears 1 sniper but now i feel confident in a headshot when i fire. Also i like the new color scheme down scope. I think that Gears 2 will deserve a 10 if they fix the matchmaking system and the chainsaw buggs. For now i'll give it a 9.5.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:05 am 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Well I guess everyones different, some like Gears 1 sniper some prefer the Gears 2 sniper. It is just that I always used the Gears 1 sniper so was very used to it and maybe thats why I don't like the Gears 2 sniper as much.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:56 am 

CriSiS wrote:
DocBoCook wrote:

.25? Very precise lol

My sarcasm. If I put 9.5, somebody might call me a Noob fanboy of some other nonsense I would have to ignore them for

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:49 pm 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

DocBoCook wrote:
CriSiS wrote:
DocBoCook wrote:

.25? Very precise lol

My sarcasm. If I put 9.5, somebody might call me a Noob fanboy of some other nonsense I would have to ignore them for

Ah! Fair point well taken.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]