Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/common.php on line 103
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 414

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 414

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 96
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2994: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2995: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2996: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2997: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
Gears of War 2 Forums

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:55 am
Welcome to the Gears of War 2 Community Forum...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before you can post Comments / Threads you must first Register with our community. It takes 2 minutes of your time, and will give you access to Member Only content, as well as bring you to an eligible state for our current, and upcoming contests/giveaways.

• Up to date news on Gears of War 2 before we upload to other sites
  • Chat about Gears of War 2 in our brand new Shoutbox for members only!
  • Access special areas in the forum only available to registered members
  • Have a range of new skins to choose from.
  • Finally make friends and have fun discussion all things Gears of War 2!
  • Post and make new threads without being flamed,
  • Post Safe knowing our forums are fully moderated 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
  • Registered members get Credits every time they post! You can use these Credits towards contests and game giveaways!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Register Today!
Disable This Message!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Gamesta COD247 - All Call of Duty, All the Time MW4 Forum

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: things i dislike about the game.....
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:36 am 
COG Lance Corporal
COG Lance Corporal

1. Why is it that we get disconnected after every match? I find that rather annoying and something developers should update...

2. No map? also its hard to see where everyone is at does anyone not agree?

3. Hard to tell who is talking.... no voice program on the left like call of duty? If they updated these, the game would be much funner.

anyone else agree with me on these? I don't mean to rant, just my thoughts....

Post subject: Re: things i dislike about the game.....
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:48 am 
COG Lance Corporal
COG Lance Corporal

Apart from Problem 1, its obvious you've been playing too much COD4.

and about the connection issues brand new games usually have them we just have to wait for a patch. Besides if your NAT is Open and have a good ISP it seems to work fine.
The longest I've waited for a game is about 5 minutes

"Yeah, woo! Bring it on sucka, this my kind of ****!"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:33 am 
COG Private First Class
COG Private First Class

Considering their are alot of improved features in GOW2. I agree, with you totally about the matchmaking! You can't choose what game type(s) you want to play specifically or what maps you want to play! No maps cycling either? What is it with that?? These were great features that GOW1 had and should of been implemented in 2 for sure. It takes forever to connect to the matches now, not even GOW1 had this problem when it first came out! When the match is over, you get bumped out of the room and need to search for a new game with new people, where it takes another 2-5 minutes sometimes longer! I used to love playing with the same group of people for hrs. in GOW1! You would really have fun when you start getting to know your team and opposing team and play several matches together. Their was a sense of rivalry to that! This was a great feature from before that I only hope gets patched in the future!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:37 am 

everyone stop complaining

the game is not the problem,your the problem

if online is lagging for you then your have a bad broadband connection

sure there's some issue
but don't bitch here
do your bitchin at epic games forums

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:41 pm 
COG Private First Class
COG Private First Class

I agree, this is not the game I anticipated...I was ok with the shotgun and sniper getting their downgrades...until I realized they added all these stupid power weapons and the fact that nothing knocks down a chainsaw from a lancer unless you are hosting the match...yes hopefully a patch will take care of a lot of issues...I am beginning to like it more and more...but still wish the regular ass weapons were substantial enough to kill somebody that has their back turned w/o a chainsaw...I hate using the chainsaw...and before you start the bitching the guys I play with have only lost twice and I usually end up with 8+ kills a match...just all with a chainsaw or huge power weapon...and if they would allow us to do matchmaking for each individual game mode I would probably be ok with the weapons..just changing game types and boards randomly doesn't allow for a lot of consistency when it comes to strategy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:32 pm 
COG Private First Class
COG Private First Class

I agree. The chainsaw that can keep coming I at a person is ridiculous i mean wow once they are in a certain range they can just walk up and there is nothing a person can do.
The other thing is frag proximity nades. When they are tagged on a wall on some maps they are absouluty devastating. I would suggest in a patch to disallow the tagging of frag grenades onto walls. other grenades are fine with tagging just frag is to devastating.
lastly some beatdowns are not stunning like they did in the old game. I beat them down and then they shoot me. This happens like half the time. its ridiculoous as well

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:07 am 
COG Lance Corporal
COG Lance Corporal

so i come home from a long day of work thinking i can get into an elimination match. been here waiting for about 20 minutes now in the matchmaking room. just awesome....

I also forgot to add that you can't even exit a game, u have to go on dashboard to leave a game, how annoying is that? one more thing, why do we get disconnected after each match? is this something they are going to fix, otherwise I'm goin to stop playing and sell this game..

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:42 am 
COG Staff Sergeant
COG Staff Sergeant

Jizzle wrote:
1. Why is it that we get disconnected after every match? I find that rather annoying and something developers should update...

2. No map? also its hard to see where everyone is at does anyone not agree?

3. Hard to tell who is talking.... no voice program on the left like call of duty? If they updated these, the game would be much funner.

anyone else agree with me on these? I don't mean to rant, just my thoughts....

i can see everyone fine. its called HD or turn up the brightness or maybe your tv sucks.

hit the LB to see who talks and plus its 5 people its not that hard to tell.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]