Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/common.php on line 103
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 414

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 414

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 96

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 96
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2994: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2995: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2996: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2997: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
Gears of War 2 Forums

It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:07 am
Welcome to the Gears of War 2 Community Forum...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before you can post Comments / Threads you must first Register with our community. It takes 2 minutes of your time, and will give you access to Member Only content, as well as bring you to an eligible state for our current, and upcoming contests/giveaways.

• Up to date news on Gears of War 2 before we upload to other sites
  • Chat about Gears of War 2 in our brand new Shoutbox for members only!
  • Access special areas in the forum only available to registered members
  • Have a range of new skins to choose from.
  • Finally make friends and have fun discussion all things Gears of War 2!
  • Post and make new threads without being flamed,
  • Post Safe knowing our forums are fully moderated 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
  • Registered members get Credits every time they post! You can use these Credits towards contests and game giveaways!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Register Today!
Disable This Message!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Gamesta COD247 - All Call of Duty, All the Time MW4 Forum

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: WTF KIND OF GAME IS THIS
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:35 pm 
COG Private First Class
COG Private First Class

WOW Gears of War 2 SUCKS. I waited 3 F**Kin hours outside Gamestop for this piece of poop. The Multiplayer is mostly laggly and the name of the game is put a smoke grenade on a wall. Wait til they get up and Chainsaw them. The shotgun doesn't register half the time and even if it did its weak and barely does anything. The shield is mostly unstoppable the boom shot blows and the matchmaking takes forever to match games up. If epic doesnt have a MAJOR update to make this game remotely playable or im going to throw the disc out the window

Thanks for listening

Post subject: Re: WTF KIND OF GAME IS THIS
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:58 pm 
COG Gunnery Sergeant
COG Gunnery Sergeant

d00d you nuts!

maybe you should upgrade your dial up connection?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:45 pm 
COG Master Sgt, First Sgt
COG Master Sgt, First Sgt

iM XiLeD wrote:
WOW Gears of War 2 SUCKS. I waited 3 F**Kin hours outside Gamestop for this piece of poop. The Multiplayer is mostly laggly and the name of the game is put a smoke grenade on a wall. Wait til they get up and Chainsaw them. The shotgun doesn't register half the time and even if it did its weak and barely does anything. The shield is mostly unstoppable the boom shot blows and the matchmaking takes forever to match games up. If epic doesnt have a MAJOR update to make this game remotely playable or im going to throw the disc out the window

Thanks for listening

(Summons Gandalf the Grey) "Your wall of Text will not avail you!"

Upgrade to Broadband. They got rid of the Shotty rolls. Sucks for spammers. Get a new tactic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:22 am 
COG Gunnery Sergeant
COG Gunnery Sergeant

Yea i think if you lose the "K-Mart" internet connection you will probably fare better and all they did is make the shotgun less of a luck of the draw weapon. You have to be extremely accurate with it which means less shooting from the hip unless you're pretty good with it. Not like before when the spread at close range was retarted. Go out and shoot skeet one time and then maybe you'll have a better concept of how a shotgun works.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:11 am 
COG Private First Class
COG Private First Class

Hey XILED...I AGREE WITH YOU COMPLETELY...and I'm having no trouble killing people...you just stun somebody and chainsaw them...there is no stopping the revving chainsaw...the shotguns and lancer have to work if you add all these fucking stupid power weapons...this was supposed to be a different game...but I thought being a strategic player and waiting for people to run into my lancer and shotgun would be great...not the case however...It's a broken game...that I happen to be successful at

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:45 am 
COG Private First Class
COG Private First Class

wow, i agree with the first guy. EPIC gained so much respect for gears 1, but gears 2 lost almost all of my respect. They need a major update veeerryyyy veeeerrrryyy soon. I hope shitloads of ppl stop playing the game so epic realizes how much they messed up. Im so pissed. I was stoked, but this was straight disappointing.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:31 am 
COG Staff Sergeant
COG Staff Sergeant
 WWW  Profile

I also agree with a lot of what your saying. In my opinion Gears of War 2 is just a noob friendly game.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:56 pm 
 WWW  Profile

It seems a lot of people are mad that this game is actually a tactical shooter now and not another Unreal Tournament type game.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:31 pm 
COG Staff Sergeant
COG Staff Sergeant

Ik0n wrote:
It seems a lot of people are mad that this game is actually a tactical shooter now and not another Unreal Tournament type game.

Hardly tactical, nearly everyone still runs about with shotgun. Unless you call those smoke grenades "tactical"

Albeit, its still better than the GoW1. A lot better.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:47 pm 
COG Corporal
COG Corporal

Over all this game has been very disappointing. And no people it is not my connection. Trust me, i test my connection often and its better than about 80% of the people who even play on live. So people need to stop always saying its the connection before thinking maybe the game is at fault. Gears 2 was just the complete opposite of the original Gears. The close, personal fighting in the multiplayer was their selling point. There was an art to killing someone with the shotgun. And for those of you who say the shot gun was a noob weapon then obviously you've never battled anyone with skill that was using it. Now the shot gun is trash. Its not even worth pulling it out. The rate of fire is entirely too slow. The rate of fire is never the same twice. Especially when your fighting someone. They need to go back and fix the shotgun to how it was in the first game. With all of the new high powered weapons in the game, when flanking someone the last thing you want is to have to shoot them a couple times in the back because the shotgun is so useless. The only thing that needed to be changed from the shotgun in the first game was just the experience you had with lag. Fix the connections in the game, NOT THE WEAPONS. They turned the multiplayer into a game for everyone to be good at. Not a game of true skill like the first one. The new smoke grenade is stupid. Everyone runs out into the open, throws their smoke, everyone falls over, then you can continue playing. Its dumb. No one ever even touched their smoke hardly in the first game. But now to give everyone who spawns a concussion grenade is dumb. This is how noobs get kills in these games. I'm gonna run out and throw something that i didn't even have to find and pick up that will completely wreck you. And the time you spent stun varies. I was stunned for 5 seconds and the next time i was stunned for so long that the person across the map had time to run to me and chainsaw me. Its annoying. Also, go back to how it was so that when some idiot runs at me with a chainsaw and i shoot him, he will lower his chainsaw. Basically I just don't see how someone could get shot in the face yet keep running at you with a chainsaw. But all the weapon problems don't matter because the majority of the time you can't even find a game. I love the idea of being in a party. But if your party has 4 players good luck finding a game. My party and I spent 25 minutes trying to get into a single game. It was only until a 5th person joined that we were able to find games in a good amount of time. And I hate that you have no choice in the public matches. You have to go to a private match in order to actually play a game with more than 5 rounds or have your revive time in execution be the original 5 seconds. Over all the multiplayer has become very disappointing. So bad that the majority of my friends went back to the original Gears of War already. So please Epic, Fix this

1. Make the shotgun how it was and not this slow useless weapon.
3. Fix the chainsaw so that when someone gets shot they can't chainsaw you.
2. Fix the matchmaking. Its annoying having to sit there for the amount of time it would take to play 2 games just to get into 1.

Basically, go back to how multiplayer was in the first one. Get rid of this crap of trying to fix a multiplayer that was already amazing. Because in doing that you ruined it for a lot of people. I haven't played a game with one person that was impressed or excited about this new multiplayer. Epic really needs to fix it and go back to the fast paced and personal killing game it was. Not this slow, lets rip off halo and call of duty 4 and sit back and use these noob long distance weapons. Please just go back to how it was.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next