Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/common.php on line 103
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2994: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2995: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2996: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2997: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
Gears of War 2 Forums

It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:07 am
Welcome to the Gears of War 2 Community Forum...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before you can post Comments / Threads you must first Register with our community. It takes 2 minutes of your time, and will give you access to Member Only content, as well as bring you to an eligible state for our current, and upcoming contests/giveaways.

• Up to date news on Gears of War 2 before we upload to other sites
  • Chat about Gears of War 2 in our brand new Shoutbox for members only!
  • Access special areas in the forum only available to registered members
  • Have a range of new skins to choose from.
  • Finally make friends and have fun discussion all things Gears of War 2!
  • Post and make new threads without being flamed,
  • Post Safe knowing our forums are fully moderated 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
  • Registered members get Credits every time they post! You can use these Credits towards contests and game giveaways!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Register Today!
Disable This Message!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Gamesta COD247 - All Call of Duty, All the Time MW4 Forum

Post subject: Online Abomination
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:28 pm 
COG Private First Class
COG Private First Class

"Wow..." I thought as the bleeding red gear twisted its way onto my plasma tv. The gear soon turned white, twisting and turning, the familiar loading screen. The main menu appeared, I quickly picked campaign, eager to taste Epic's masterpiece, eager to feel vibrating chainsaw cut its way through Locust after Locust. We were there when we meet the rook, there when we saw the magnitude of Locust power, there when Dom met his tortured, shattered wife. Through the locust compounds and under severed worm hearts, we were there, sucked into Epic's euphoric gem. After slaying the Immulsion sickened Brumak and catching a wink from Anya, I fell in complete and utter love with Gears. I'm going to play this forever I thought, reflecting back on my COD4 days and wondering if I'll be able to rack up more game time on GOW2 than COD4. After listening to Marcus' father, I was promptly put to main menu. I selected multiplayer, yearning to experience more of the Gears drug. That was where it all fell apart.

Gears of War 2's multiplayer is an abomination. It is routine, simple and unchanging. It challenges players to cheat, using techniques like lag switching to get ahead of the competition. No where else on Xbox Live is cheating so prevelant. Match after match, round after round, someone somewhere is trying to freeze someone to get a quick kill. This is not what broke my heart however. The so called updates never help, only hurt and make the online experience ever so torturous. The new rank/level up system is iffy. Now weapons don't appear in some private matches for several seconds. Headshots are harder to come by. Not even this was able to shatter my love for Gears. What did it was Gear's lack of cohesive online play, having constant lag and the abomination known as host power. This magical ability allows the user to overcome bullets and down people in fewer shots. Wow Gears wow.

Post subject: Re: Online Abomination
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:13 pm 
COG Private First Class
COG Private First Class

I stopped playing gears 2 like 6 months ago because i could not handle the lag issues - Am I being killed because of lag or because the other guy was in fact faster and accurate. why is everyone in the game all of the sudden walking aimlessly into walls ?

It's sad that this still hasn't been addressed. it's an amazing game that has been destroyed because Epic will not invest in a central server and/or they have crappy programmers.

please fix your lag for the love of god.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:55 pm 
COG Private First Class
COG Private First Class

Yeah i agree with just about everything said, its amazing a game so long in the waiting could go so terribly wrong with the release of Gears 2. I love the concept of the game and the style is unmatched. WHY WAS THIS GAME RELEASED WITH SO MANY GLITCHES??? I just don't understand, yeah we got past the whole lag switch thing and now the hosting team is like 75% likely to take the match. Its unbelievable... from moon jumping, sliding through other characters, jumping through the level on guardian matches, people who solely rely on 2 peicing because the system makes it practically flawless, inconsistent damage on weapons and the whole vacuum effect of chainsaws (even when your unloading clips in to your opponent ) this game is a total nightmare.

If anyone is a an Xbox live competetive gamer type, save yourself a headache and check out different games before commiting to this one. Theres a ton of good shooters to choose from.

Gears team get your act together !!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:14 am 
COG Lance Corporal
COG Lance Corporal

I admit this game does have a LOT of glitches in comparison to other online games...but for some reason I keep coming back to it.

I guess it's simply because there is no other shooter like it on the market currently. If other shooters adopted this games cover system (which allows for pulling off some amazing moves and maneuvers), then maybe I'd switch to it...

The host/lag issue is VERY annoying. Host is nearly unbeatable, and makes even scrubs seem like Gods when they luck up and get it. Host causes matches to be one-sided if the guy at least knows how to shoot his gun. And when a skilled player gets host *laughs*
You may as well put the controller down and do something else for the next 5-15 minutes while he mercilessly slaughters your team.

This game a WHOLE LOT of issues...but it Rpic really cared for their fans as much as they claim to...they'd get off their asses and do something about all of these problems.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:49 pm 
COG Sergeant
COG Sergeant

Location: Older than you playing from a penthouse on the beach
I am 30 and play this game when i get a chance between work, wife and making money. I play this game because it is a mature game and not the usual "war game" (not into halo or the COD series). i find it amazing how so much time and effort goes into pushing this awesome game but the simple fact is how the hell do you have such a great game but cheating and lagging is such a predominate issue? I know you guys are working on the issue but seriously talk about GoW3 and i bet these issues will still arise.

I dont want to sit here and complain about lagging and match making and host powers we get that. What i do want to point out is how in gods great name does this beautiful work of art have so many issues but i can pop in Halo3 or WOW and play with out any major issues? why? i believe GoW is a brand that is up and coming and will soon be in a league of its own but i cannot understand why i can shoot my gun and it takes 3 seconds some times to hit some one. but somehow the guy on the other team has a netzero connection and has 40+kills when i am running 100.00 Mpbs. tell me that? i cannot wrap my head around that. Tell Microsoft to give you more server space if needed, the game has enough of a following now. With the movie and Gow3 you guys will be making enough money.

Sad things we will play this game with all the issues because its such a bad a$$ game. i am looking forward to the time when it plays like halo3 with no bugs, no lag switching and just hardcore game play. good luck

**side note**
made it to level 49 xbox froze my rank got reset to 1
now back at 49 (4 months later) hopefully i can get my level 50 achv. level 100 is impossible to a working man.

Yes I am older than you and yes I am better than you. While you on the other hand are trying to be a bad a$$ in your mom's house, yelling and chasing me with your noobsaw, grow up noob and stop trying to play gangster in your parents basement

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:00 am 
COG Staff Sergeant
COG Staff Sergeant

I have to say its been like a year since it came out and still the issues are present and why the he*l does smokes still stun your guy like a couple of months ago it would affect u so when i saw it on ebay for $15 i thot what the he*l for 15 bucks i can bare with it and i thot since I hadnt played the game in like 4 months and once at my friends house in june ( thats how i knew smoke nade didnt affect the guy anymore) i played it and i was so dissappointed when he covers his eyes in a smoke nade like why did they put it back in. Like its smoke not tear gas or something anyway epic stop releasing updates and just work on ded.servers cuz thats what would fix almost everything ( no host, no standby, no sh*tty hit boxxes) and like only lag and host migration which they could do (like halo 2 had host migration in 2003) would be bad but they could do a lag limit thing.