Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/common.php on line 103
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 414

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 414

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 96

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 96

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2994: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2995: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2996: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2997: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
Gears of War 2 Forums

It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:27 pm
Welcome to the Gears of War 2 Community Forum...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before you can post Comments / Threads you must first Register with our community. It takes 2 minutes of your time, and will give you access to Member Only content, as well as bring you to an eligible state for our current, and upcoming contests/giveaways.

• Up to date news on Gears of War 2 before we upload to other sites
  • Chat about Gears of War 2 in our brand new Shoutbox for members only!
  • Access special areas in the forum only available to registered members
  • Have a range of new skins to choose from.
  • Finally make friends and have fun discussion all things Gears of War 2!
  • Post and make new threads without being flamed,
  • Post Safe knowing our forums are fully moderated 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
  • Registered members get Credits every time they post! You can use these Credits towards contests and game giveaways!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Register Today!
Disable This Message!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Gamesta COD247 - All Call of Duty, All the Time MW4 Forum

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: Top 5 things Plaguing Gears Multiplayer
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:01 pm 
COG Corporal
COG Corporal

Underpowered Chainsaw - I'm in a room where there's no lag, I'm chainsawing people left and right, but there's always one guy that has his back turned to me, I'm standing behind him, my chainsaw is actually THROUGH him, he slowly moves around, still in AIM MODE, unaware, and for some reason even though my chainsaw is revved and I'm standing so close to him my chainsaw is actually INSIDE of him, he turns around and chainsaws me and I don't even start the chainsaw animation. This crap has happened to me like 5 times to me today. AND THERE WAS NO LAG OF ANY SORT!

Host chainsaw is very hard to kill with. When I'm host it is very difficult to score any kills.

Lagswitching - Lord help me this is the most cheapest thing to avoid, there is absolute no way of defeating a host who lagswitches. Right before you kill the host he lagswitches and kills you. Or right before you secure the win he lagswitches and goes from 0-200 to suddenly winning the match. There's just no stopping it. There isn't. The only way out is to quit. You have to, you just have to.

Quitting Why is it that almost EVERY game I play (I've been keeping track, actually the percentage is really about 90%) one team starts out without a player, or even TWO players (sometimes even three!) Absolutely ridiculous and it happens before almost EVERY match.

Also during EVERY game (I don't remember the last time I played a game where someone DIDN'T quit) SOMEONE QUITS. Half of the time its someone from the winning team during the first half of the game...

Overpowered shotgun
Lets face it, over 75% of our kills are from the shotgun. Go to Gears of War 2 Stats. com if you don't believe the percentages. I mean there's no arguing that the shotgun is overpowered. Some times the shotgun can down someone with FULL HEALTH, standing 30 yards away with only TWO SHOTS. However, the shotgun is terribly inconsistent. Sometimes it takes more than 4 shots to down someone standing one foot away...

Numerous glitches There are so many glitches I don't want to take the time and count them all. Sometimes the game starts you out CRABWALKING, but for some reason your gun wont use up an ammo, or cause damage... Sometimes you get hit with a smoke and fly 1000 feet into the air, and then die for no reason, WHO KNOWS. Sometimes you'll climb over a cover next thing you know your standing on top of a van. Sometimes you'll pick up a weapon but for some reason it disappears. Sometimes you'll see a weapon but you can't pick it up. Most of the time cover is stickier than honey. Sometimes you'll throw a grenade right next to someone but they don't get effected by it. Speak of the devil, I saw someone shield glitching today.

Post subject: Re: Top 5 things Plaguing Gears Multiplayer
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:23 pm 

About the Chainsaw, there must have been some lag, because that thing is practically unstoppable. I pump a full clip into the guy and he doesn't even flinch! I miss Gears 1 where one shot lowered the chainsaw. Sure it was unrealistic, but it worked....

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:06 pm 
COG Corporal
COG Corporal

LordRoscoe wrote:
About the Chainsaw, there must have been some lag, because that thing is practically unstoppable. I pump a full clip into the guy and he doesn't even flinch! I miss Gears 1 where one shot lowered the chainsaw. Sure it was unrealistic, but it worked....

I know, I got a lot of chainsaw kills that way, but that same match, there was hardly any lag I was chainsawing people and using the shotgun to test the bulletlag, there was almost none, but for some reason I could not kill a guy who was standing perfectly still shooting (he was shooting bullets and downed my teammate so I know it wasn't a lagswitch.) I stood right next to the guy for 3 seconds, while hes standing perfectly still shooting at my teammate in the opposite direction and I can't chainsaw him.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:36 pm 

Underpowered chainsaw and overpowered shotgun.

i'll tell you the basic's.
A shotgun is a close range weapon.[only insane bots kill you 30 yards away]
A lancer is a medium range weapon.
A chainsaw is a dumb attachment to the lancer which vacuums you in.[works best in lag]

But back to topic you or the person you were trying to chainsaw had a bad connection to the host.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:39 pm 

LordRoscoe wrote:

it was actually more realistic.
chainsawing was for the skilled or the corner hiders.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:04 pm 
COG Corporal
COG Corporal

The Horde wrote:

A chainsaw is a dumb attachment to the lancer which vacuums you in.[works best in lag]

But back to topic you or the person you were trying to chainsaw had a bad connection to the host.

I was the chainsawer, there was no lag but my chainsaw would not saw enemies when I was standing right next to them.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:44 am 

drdede wrote:
The Horde wrote:

I was the chainsawer, there was no lag but my chainsaw would not saw enemies when I was standing right next to them.

Then you were stuck in that crabwalk glitch.
sometimes you don't walk very fast if your in it.
thats its.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:06 pm 
COG Corporal
COG Corporal

The Horde wrote:
drdede wrote:
The Horde wrote:

Then you were stuck in that crabwalk glitch.
sometimes you don't walk very fast if your in it.
thats its.

I dont think it was, since I chainsawed a guy, did not die, and then it happened. Unless the glitch just randomly occurs throughout the game (the crabwalk glitch I know about happens only when you respawn.)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]