Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/common.php on line 103
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 414

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 414

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 96

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 96
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2994: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2995: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2996: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2997: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
Gears of War 2 Forums

It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:51 am
Welcome to the Gears of War 2 Community Forum...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before you can post Comments / Threads you must first Register with our community. It takes 2 minutes of your time, and will give you access to Member Only content, as well as bring you to an eligible state for our current, and upcoming contests/giveaways.

• Up to date news on Gears of War 2 before we upload to other sites
  • Chat about Gears of War 2 in our brand new Shoutbox for members only!
  • Access special areas in the forum only available to registered members
  • Have a range of new skins to choose from.
  • Finally make friends and have fun discussion all things Gears of War 2!
  • Post and make new threads without being flamed,
  • Post Safe knowing our forums are fully moderated 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
  • Registered members get Credits every time they post! You can use these Credits towards contests and game giveaways!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Register Today!
Disable This Message!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Gamesta COD247 - All Call of Duty, All the Time MW4 Forum

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: New Title Update [To be released in January]
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:59 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Mark Rein wrote:
Happy New Year!

First of all I hope all of you had a safe and happy holiday season.

As I mentioned before the break we’ve been working on a major title update for Gears of War 2. This update will address bugs and exploits as well as add some new achievements related to downloadable content. We don’t have an exact date for it but all indicators are it will go live within January. If that changes we’ll let you know.

We’re fixing a whole bunch of online exploits. For example we’ve fixed the ability to wield an invisible shield, melee through some walls, gain infinite Lancer ammo and equip a shield and a two-handed weapon simultaneously plus many more.

We’re also making several small changes to improve the overall online gameplay experience. A few of the ones that might interest you are; increased penalties for quitting matches early, adding additional spawn protection against planted grenades and chainsaw attacks, and adding the ability to see the Submission flag carrier destination by using Tac/Com.

We know you folks love achievements so on the achievement side we’re adding achievement progress numbers to the War Journal, increasing the frequency of in-game Achievement progression notifications and adding some new Achievements for DLC.

This is just a very small list of some of the things that will be in the next title update but one more item which has been talked about a lot in our forums deserves a special call out...

About that shotgun...

We fixed the client side hit detection on the shotgun so that in a high-latency (i.e. “laggy”) match, the shotgun will be more reliable. We’ve also fixed another bug whereby shotgun and boomshot rounds could strike the ground when firing from the hip.

So there’s a brief status report on the next title update. At some point I expect we’ll post a more detailed list but I assure you we’re working hard to get this out the door and once it’s done we’ll start working on the next update. We’ll try to do a better job keeping you informed of our progress on future updates and we’ll try to be a little more active in the forums once this update is released.

You can find the actual thread here. I'm glad they are going to get more involved in their community now.

Post subject: Re: New Title Update [To be released in January]
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:44 pm 
COG Master Sgt, First Sgt
COG Master Sgt, First Sgt

[biggrin.gif] good news

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:57 am 
COG Private First Class
COG Private First Class

Its about time [calm.gif]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:59 am 
COG Private First Class
COG Private First Class

SWEET! it is about time, although I was just starting to get use to the shotty and overall blocky gameplay online...looking forward to this update hopefuly it goes over well without causing any "new" issues....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:26 am 
COG Lance Corporal
COG Lance Corporal

Thank god for that, I dont really mind the game as it is. But there clearly is issues with it my main issue is the shotguns hitting the ground its a pain in the arse, Thank god EPIC have started to notice us lot moaning about how bad it has been [devil.gif]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:47 am 
COG Sergeant
COG Sergeant

Yah I've been able to adapt to the changes from GOW1 mp but I'm quite happy that they will be making some much needed changes. There number 1 priority should be the glitches.

Weapon:Golden Lancer
GOW2 progress:990/1175
Send me a friend request and a PM telling me your from the forum.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:07 pm 
COG Lance Corporal
COG Lance Corporal

To be honest i havent come across any glitching cunts just yet but theres still time

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:37 pm 
COG Staff Sergeant
COG Staff Sergeant

hmm. looks like i can actually go back to my xbox when this happen. tired of playing with the ps3 crap is garbage. only good for blue ray movies.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:44 pm 
COG Sergeant Major
COG Sergeant Major

CANT WAIT! gotta test all the improvements when it happens

THE TAKE OVER- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=914Su8J0EHY
MY BLINDFIRES- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czhtPXni8d4

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:45 pm 
COG Sergeant Major
COG Sergeant Major

Rezzurekted wrote:
To be honest i havent come across any glitching cunts just yet but theres still time

When it happens its going to suck, people being under the level and of course the lovely shield glitch (which happens to me almost 3 matches in a night when i play)

THE TAKE OVER- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=914Su8J0EHY
MY BLINDFIRES- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czhtPXni8d4

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next