Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/common.php on line 103
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 414

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 414

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 96

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 96

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2994: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2995: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2996: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2997: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
Gears of War 2 Forums

It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:05 am
Welcome to the Gears of War 2 Community Forum...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before you can post Comments / Threads you must first Register with our community. It takes 2 minutes of your time, and will give you access to Member Only content, as well as bring you to an eligible state for our current, and upcoming contests/giveaways.

• Up to date news on Gears of War 2 before we upload to other sites
  • Chat about Gears of War 2 in our brand new Shoutbox for members only!
  • Access special areas in the forum only available to registered members
  • Have a range of new skins to choose from.
  • Finally make friends and have fun discussion all things Gears of War 2!
  • Post and make new threads without being flamed,
  • Post Safe knowing our forums are fully moderated 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
  • Registered members get Credits every time they post! You can use these Credits towards contests and game giveaways!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Register Today!
Disable This Message!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Gamesta COD247 - All Call of Duty, All the Time MW4 Forum

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Multiplayer
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:59 am 
COG Private First Class
COG Private First Class

Hello Everyone....EPIC,

This is my first post and most likely my last due to how many times I read about ppl getting banned for voicing their dislike towards Gears of War 2.

I myself loved the 1st game and alongside the rest of the gearheads...I am very dissapointed with the 2nd. I know, I know..."if I dont like the game dont play it right?". Well I dont any longer, I play the first one still.

EPIC could care less what we think [the ppl who pay their mortgages and feed their kids by buying their stupid games]. Cliff says that he didnt want the game to be a "run and gun" type of game. So they change the game so drastically that they turn their backs on the multiplayers who made gears as popular as it was (Gears 1). And this fix, this fix they apperently released has made absolutely no difference in anything for the game. Still wait forever for a match with tons of lag.

W/E EPIC doesnt want to acknowledge any of our complaints about the gameplay anyways, ill probably get banned and thus, SILENCED!!! If you can read this Mr. Blezinski and EPIC I just want to say this: You have turned your back on the Multiplayer game, if you were getting killed at your own game (gears1) because you couldnt figure things out. It didnt mean you could just go and change everything to suit your needs and desires. You have turned the best game ever into the biggest flop ever. Yeah the story is good but after a week its over and done with, move onto multiplayer. I hope you open your eyes when gears 1 is still on the top ten multiplayer list and gears 2 isnt. It'll happen!!!

So enjoy your illegitiment victory so to speak. I see all those pics of how happy you are about gears 2 and read all the interviews with you saying how great gears 2 is. If you think that is great then you know nothing. If you want to continue with neglecting the fans you shouldnt even bother making a third game and move on with your life. I will not buy anything else for gears if nothing is addressed (for real!!!) by Cliff and his gang of hentchmen. [angry01.gif]

Post subject: Re: Multiplayer
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:32 am 
COG Gunnery Sergeant
COG Gunnery Sergeant

lol bro gears 2 is at its early stage still glitches and all almost just like gears 1 when it came out there were glitches give it time is all i am saying

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:14 am 
COG Gunnery Sergeant
COG Gunnery Sergeant

First of all, Gears 1 and Gears 2 are completely different games... Same storyline but completely different. If you haven't noticed Gears of War 1 was an Action game. Gears of War 2 is a Tactical game. I personally love Gears of War 2, Gears of War 1 was gun but you died waaaaay too easily. Especially lancer nuhbz lol

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:06 am 

The Dutch Rambo wrote:
First of all, Gears 1 and Gears 2 are completely different games... Same storyline but completely different. If you haven't noticed Gears of War 1 was an Action game. Gears of War 2 is a Tactical game. I personally love Gears of War 2, Gears of War 1 was gun but you died waaaaay too easily. Especially lancer nuhbz lol

I agree, In gears 1 you died so easily each round would only last about a minute at most. [glare.gif]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:28 am 
COG Master Gunnery Sergeant
COG Master Gunnery Sergeant

Yeah OP, the other three posters here are completely right. If you're trying to play Gears 2 like you played Gears 1, you should EXPECT to fail. They are different games. Originally they set out to make the first game a tactical shooter, but due to player exploits and such that they couldn't forsee the multiplayer was going to be changed into a run&gun senseless fight, like Halo and ALMOST EVERY OTHER SHOOTER. They made changes to turn the game back into what they originally had in mind. I personally love Gears 2. I'd even rank it as my favorite shooter I've ever played. I'm a very objective person, and the tactical gameplay just suits me perfectly. Having to think about my decisions, and weigh my actions is what makes it so fun.

Think about other shooters you've played. Halo for example. You're faced with a high risk, high reward situation (i.e. rushing the enemy base for a flag). Here's as far as the decision making process goes:

Pros: I steal their flag, score, and I'm a hero and win the match for my team
    Cons: I die, wait five seconds, then try again.

There. That's the only downside. You die, wait five seconds, try again. With Gears, making that decision would cost you the game. If you're going in to Gears of War 2 with a Gears of War attitude, you might as well chalk up the loss before the match even starts.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:46 am 
COG Private First Class
COG Private First Class

Well, we havent realy talked about the lag problem.

And I know its not my computer, because I can easly get into private matches. Its the public matches that take the most time. And can you honestly say that waiting
15-Sideways eight mins for a public match to start is normal?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:47 pm 
COG Gunnery Sergeant
COG Gunnery Sergeant

It doesn't take that long anymore unless you have really bad connection, you're in a multiplayer party where someone is like a no rank or a rank 1, and someone else is like a rank 3, 4, or 5, or if you have either 1 or 4 members in the party. That is all.

This computer will self destruct in

Boom

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:10 am 
COG Lance Corporal
COG Lance Corporal

I dont understand the hatred for gears 2 multiplayer. Its far better than the first. Theres so much more to think about in this game with the frag tags, meat shields etc. I agree with Unromantic, People are too used to running in blind and jumping around firing random shots then respawning.

There are some glitches, but with all games, that happens in the early stages.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:31 am 

Twitcher2403 wrote:
I dont understand the hatred for gears 2 multiplayer. Its far better than the first. Theres so much more to think about in this game with the frag tags, meat shields etc. I agree with Unromantic, People are too used to running in blind and jumping around firing random shots then respawning.

There are some glitches, but with all games, that happens in the early stages.

My thoughts exactly ^-^

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:25 pm 
COG Corporal
COG Corporal

I think it's stupid how they didn't change the a buttons uses. I try to go pick up a downed enemy and what do you know I go up against a wall and get shotgunned or chainsawed, a bit ridiculous.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next