Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/common.php on line 103
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 414

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 414

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 96

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 96

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2994: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2995: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2996: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2997: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
Gears of War 2 Forums

It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:40 pm
Welcome to the Gears of War 2 Community Forum...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before you can post Comments / Threads you must first Register with our community. It takes 2 minutes of your time, and will give you access to Member Only content, as well as bring you to an eligible state for our current, and upcoming contests/giveaways.

• Up to date news on Gears of War 2 before we upload to other sites
  • Chat about Gears of War 2 in our brand new Shoutbox for members only!
  • Access special areas in the forum only available to registered members
  • Have a range of new skins to choose from.
  • Finally make friends and have fun discussion all things Gears of War 2!
  • Post and make new threads without being flamed,
  • Post Safe knowing our forums are fully moderated 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
  • Registered members get Credits every time they post! You can use these Credits towards contests and game giveaways!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Register Today!
Disable This Message!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Gamesta COD247 - All Call of Duty, All the Time MW4 Forum

Post subject: **SPOILERS** Gears 2 Discussion **SPOILERS**
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:00 am 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

OK this thread is for people who have completed the campaign and want to talk about it.

If you are reading this and have not completed the campaign then there will be spoilers so if you don’t want Gears 2 to be ruined for you then don’t read any of the below posts…

OK what I want to talk about first is the new characters and how they were killed off. First the new Carmine died although it was predictable he was a n00b. Then Tai killed himself because the Locust tortured him and we don’t know if Dizzy is dead or not. Then Dom shot Maria, this cinematic also made me release how epic the storyline and the campaign was, the sheer intensity was brilliant.

Post subject: Re: **SPOILERS** Gears 2 Discussion **SPOILERS**
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:02 pm 
COG Master Sgt, First Sgt

CriSiS wrote:
OK this thread is for people who have completed the campaign and want to talk about it.

If you are reading this and have not completed the campaign then there will be spoilers so if you don’t want Gears 2 to be ruined for you then don’t read any of the below posts…

OK what I want to talk about first is the new characters and how they were killed off. First the new Carmine died although it was predictable he was a n00b. Then Tai killed himself because the Locust tortured him and we don’t know if Dizzy is dead or not. Then Dom shot Maria, this cinematic also made me release how epic the storyline and the campaign was, the sheer intensity was brilliant.

Agreed. I didn't see Dom killing maria, no matter what. He was relentless about finding her. Still haven't finished the game yet, but I agree the game was Epic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:29 pm 
COG Private First Class
COG Private First Class

DocBoCook wrote:
CriSiS wrote:

Agreed. I didn't see Dom killing maria, no matter what. He was relentless about finding her. Still haven't finished the game yet, but I agree the game was Epic

I actually though dom shot himself rofl, cuz of the tai thing. I don't like it though how they died so fast, well carmine was a n00b anyway. but tai was ghetto.

I also hate how CQC is so damn hard! Like at the end of the game when u and dom clear the giant building and ur outside on the patio and 2 maulers, a bunch of wretches and tickers come at you. It is so hard fighting the New CQC mobs, since most of the new mobs are CQC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:16 pm 
 WWW  Profile

I really hope they resolve the Dizzy story arc and don't pull a LOST.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:31 pm 

I haven't finished the game yet, but I have an itching question and I don't really care about spoilers.

The Locust queen, she was human right? Is she supposed to be that 15 year old Ruth girl in the War Journal? And what about Adam Fenix. He spoke to Marcus through the Locust terminal. Did Adam Fenix become Skorge? My guess is that the Locust were all human once. But using some sort of method, they were being transformed into Locusts. And this happens because the military wanted to devise new ways to improve warfare or create super soldiers. But then Dr. Niles' experiments go awry. And suddenly we have these freakish Locusts. Followed by the military trying to cover their mistakes with "need to know" clearance. Am I way off? [umm.gif]...[blink.gif]... [wacko.gif]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:04 am 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

GoW2 wrote:
I haven't finished the game yet, but I have an itching question and I don't really care about spoilers.

The Locust queen, she was human right? Is she supposed to be that 15 year old Ruth girl in the War Journal? And what about Adam Fenix. He spoke to Marcus through the Locust terminal. Did Adam Fenix become Skorge? My guess is that the Locust were all human once. But using some sort of method, they were being transformed into Locusts. And this happens because the military wanted to devise new ways to improve warfare or create super soldiers. But then Dr. Niles' experiments go awry. And suddenly we have these freakish Locusts. Followed by the military trying to cover their mistakes with "need to know" clearance. Am I way off? [umm.gif]...[blink.gif]... [wacko.gif]

I am not sure about the locust Queen but Adam wasn't talking to Marcus it was a recording. Adam Fenix did not become Skorge as Skorge is dead and you hear Adam Fenix’s voice after the end credits. I was also thought it was possible they turned humans into locust since the locusts were kidnapping humans; why else would they do it really? Also that theory would explain the Sires in the test tubes and thinks.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:31 pm 
COG Staff Sergeant
COG Staff Sergeant

I cmpletely agree about the cutscene with Dom and Maria. It was one of those rare moments in gaming I actually felt sorry for a bunch of pixels. The only game thats done this before is MGS for me, but it felt like a film when Dom said "I dont know what to do, I dont know what to do man" while holding back his tears.

Epic has come a long way.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:00 am 

CriSiS wrote:
GoW2 wrote:

I am not sure about the locust Queen but Adam wasn't talking to Marcus it was a recording. Adam Fenix did not become Skorge as Skorge is dead and you hear Adam Fenix’s voice after the end credits. I was also thought it was possible they turned humans into locust since the locusts were kidnapping humans; why else would they do it really? Also that theory would explain the Sires in the test tubes and thinks.

What if Skorge didn't die? I know he fell off that thing and it looked like he died (especially after he stuck his 7 tongues(?) out of his mouth), but when the queen was talking to Marcus, I thought she looked at Skorge when she mentioned Adam Fenix being disappointed in Marcus. I guess that's where I got the idea that Skorge was Adam. Kind of a Darth Vader thing...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:04 am 
 WWW  Profile

I don't think Skorge is dead either. Also, those are not tongues, those are straps on his helmet (a lot of them). I got that from the Limited Edition bonus disc. =]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:32 am 

Ik0n wrote:
I don't think Skorge is dead either. Also, those are not tongues, those are straps on his helmet (a lot of them). I got that from the Limited Edition bonus disc. =]

Nice, you got the limited edition. [smile.gif] I just picked up a regular edition cause I wasn't so lucky. But I did find a golden hammerburst card inside. [biggrin.gif]