Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/common.php on line 103
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 414

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 414

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 96
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2994: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2995: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2996: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2997: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
Gears of War 2 Forums

It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:02 am
Welcome to the Gears of War 2 Community Forum...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before you can post Comments / Threads you must first Register with our community. It takes 2 minutes of your time, and will give you access to Member Only content, as well as bring you to an eligible state for our current, and upcoming contests/giveaways.

• Up to date news on Gears of War 2 before we upload to other sites
  • Chat about Gears of War 2 in our brand new Shoutbox for members only!
  • Access special areas in the forum only available to registered members
  • Have a range of new skins to choose from.
  • Finally make friends and have fun discussion all things Gears of War 2!
  • Post and make new threads without being flamed,
  • Post Safe knowing our forums are fully moderated 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
  • Registered members get Credits every time they post! You can use these Credits towards contests and game giveaways!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Register Today!
Disable This Message!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Gamesta COD247 - All Call of Duty, All the Time MW4 Forum

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Stuck
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:55 am 
COG Private First Class
COG Private First Class

[angry01.gif]

So I haven't played Gears in a while, because I got stuck and pissed off, but I want to finish the game, so I thought I'd come here to ask for help.

I'm stuck at the part where you face the giant swimming tentacled thing. I know how to beat it, because I looked it up to see if I was missing something after I died the first couple tries. The problem I'm having is after you chainsaw the tentacles, and go into the things mouth. Is your homie supposed to go in the mouth with you? Because for me, he gets stuck outside the mouth and ends up dying no matter what. I've tried it like 15 times, and every time, after I throw the grenade in the opening, which should be when I kill it, it just shows my homie outside the mouth and then he dies, therefore I die and have to restart it. This is one of the most frustrating things I have ever come across in a game, but i want to get past it so I can finish the damn game. Thanks in advace for any help you guys might have.

Post subject: Re: Stuck
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:20 am 
COG Master Sgt, First Sgt
COG Master Sgt, First Sgt

***SPOILER***
For people who haven't already finished the game and don't want to know anything regarding this part, don't read any further.

2nah wrote:
[angry01.gif]

So I haven't played Gears in a while, because I got stuck and pissed off, but I want to finish the game, so I thought I'd come here to ask for help.

I'm stuck at the part where you face the giant swimming tentacled thing. I know how to beat it, because I looked it up to see if I was missing something after I died the first couple tries. The problem I'm having is after you chainsaw the tentacles, and go into the things mouth. Is your homie supposed to go in the mouth with you? Because for me, he gets stuck outside the mouth and ends up dying no matter what. I've tried it like 15 times, and every time, after I throw the grenade in the opening, which should be when I kill it, it just shows my homie outside the mouth and then he dies, therefore I die and have to restart it. This is one of the most frustrating things I have ever come across in a game, but i want to get past it so I can finish the damn game. Thanks in advace for any help you guys might have.

Are you playing co-op or single player campaign? If you are playing single player campaign, then yes, Dom is supposed to stay outside of the mouth. Basically, he'll stay out there and shout instructions to you. When you are inside the mouth, there will be times when Dom shouts "shoot the tentacles". That's when you are supposed to shoot the tentacles that are inside the mouth... You want to pay attention to the tentacles that are highlighted in blue because when the tentacles are highlighted in blue, that means it's about to come at you...so shoot those. Once you have shot enough tentacles, the throat (or whatever it is) will protrude and the throat will open up. Then and only then, do you chuck a frag grenade into the hole. If you miss, then try chucking a second frag grenade. You'll have to use the targeting to properly lob the frag grenade...unless you happen to be really good at "blindfiring" grenades. If you don't succeed, then the throat will close up and the monster will retreat and attack again.

I hope this helps. [smile.gif]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:09 am 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

If Dom dies this might mean that you have ran out of time, you only have a certain amount of time to throw the grenades into the mouth.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:47 am 
COG Gunnery Sergeant
COG Gunnery Sergeant

From my experience you're both supposed to enter his mouth and shoot the glowing blue tentacles, then you have to time your grenade perfectly and hurl it into the weird thing that no one knows what it is, sorry if I cause any confusion there lol. Anyways you have to this a few times. Just watch out that you and your friend don't get chomped on by the sea monster because when it closes it's mouth and you're too close... you're dead.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:36 am 
COG Private First Class
COG Private First Class

I'm playing single player

I know what to do and have done it. The final time I tried it, I did it about as fast as possible, getting the nades in its mouth on the first try, and still, I died. I'm guessing I've hit some kind of glitch or something cuz there is no reason for me to die. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, but apparently not. I dunno what the hell to do, maybe start the whole scene over and see if it works then? I will try it a couple more times and then try that, and if not, then I guess I won't be able to finish the game. crap.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:53 am 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

I really don't know what to say, I have never heard of this happening to anyone. Try the chapter again, or the mission or just the checkpoint and see if it happens again. If it cotinues to happen take the disc back to where you bought it or something.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:06 am 
COG Gunnery Sergeant
COG Gunnery Sergeant

Do you have xbox live? If you do I could accompany you in that particular chapter and see what's happening and try to help you.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:47 pm 
COG Master Gunnery Sergeant
COG Master Gunnery Sergeant

Try setting the game up as co-op and just have your second controller sitting there while you use Marcus to kill the fish. Maybe that'll help. At least worth a shot before you restart the Act =(

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:04 am 
COG Gunnery Sergeant
COG Gunnery Sergeant

No because Dom has to be inside the mouth too otherwise he dies I believe.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:45 am 
COG Lance Corporal
COG Lance Corporal

When i did the scene it forced both me and Dom inside of the mouth and Dom(NPC) shot the tentacles while i did.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next