Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/common.php on line 103
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 414

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 414

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 96

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 96
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2994: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2995: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2996: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2997: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
Gears of War 2 Forums

It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:44 am
Welcome to the Gears of War 2 Community Forum...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before you can post Comments / Threads you must first Register with our community. It takes 2 minutes of your time, and will give you access to Member Only content, as well as bring you to an eligible state for our current, and upcoming contests/giveaways.

• Up to date news on Gears of War 2 before we upload to other sites
  • Chat about Gears of War 2 in our brand new Shoutbox for members only!
  • Access special areas in the forum only available to registered members
  • Have a range of new skins to choose from.
  • Finally make friends and have fun discussion all things Gears of War 2!
  • Post and make new threads without being flamed,
  • Post Safe knowing our forums are fully moderated 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
  • Registered members get Credits every time they post! You can use these Credits towards contests and game giveaways!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Register Today!
Disable This Message!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Gamesta COD247 - All Call of Duty, All the Time MW4 Forum

Post subject: *What was the best Boss Battle ?*
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:37 pm 

The best Boss Battle in the Gears of War 2 campaign had to be the battle against Skorge because in the beginning it was action - packed with the ChainSaw Duels and running from the tickers and ink grenades.

Also when you are escaping the Hollow on Reavers and Skorge and his Beast
( Whatever the Fxck the name of the thing is ) chase you as you make your way out. But after a while the fighting gets repetitive and a little boring but its worth it when you see that fxcker die.
[shifty.gif]

This is obviously my opinion so its cool if you don't agree with me.
Leave your comments because there is going to be a lot of interesting answers.

~ DecibaL

Post subject: Re: *What was the best Boss Battle ?*
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:01 pm 
COG Master Gunnery Sergeant

Haha I actually thought the Skorge fight was lame, the worst out of both games, even. Running around in circles and mashing the B button every 45 seconds was really REALLY dull. I was let down by how poorly they did the initial fight, and the Reaver racing was about 10 seconds of "Oh my god I'm riding a reaver" and 10 minutes of "I'm actually just moving side to side on a Troika with the background changing every so often".

Although, I can see why people may have liked it, just because of how deep into the story you were at this point.

MY favorite "boss battle", or fight rather, was racing against the Locust controlled Rig with Dizzy. On Insane difficulty, this was particularly intense for me, and quite a rush when my last ammo clip landed the killing blow. The explosion, the oh so beautiful victory fireworks created from the destruction of the Rig rewarded me with a sense of accomplishment as well as the visual satisfaction of ending the lives of those Locust.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:44 pm 

I liked the Leviathan fight, it really tested your grenade skillz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:12 pm 
 WWW  Profile

I really didn't like any of the boss battles. My favorite part was when you were riding the Brumak. I was afraid they were going to make it cheesy and not feel like you were riding on some kind of pre-historic dinosaur. However, I think they did an awesome job of encapsulating this into an action packed 5 minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:32 pm 
COG Lance Corporal
COG Lance Corporal

lol on the brumak

sho0tz t3h bebe locu5ts!!!1!1!11!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:07 pm 
COG Sergeant
COG Sergeant

Loved being on the brumac!!!!! Wish that mission was longer!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:37 pm 
COG Sergeant
COG Sergeant

Personally, I liked the skorge battle with the chain saw duels to be really fun, until I played through again. If you keep fighting him, the battle loses its "magic" and its just hitting the buttons at the right time. For playing multiple playthroughs, the brumak was easily the most fun. AKA I am agreeing with Ik0n

- richard, lfg comic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:59 am 

Ik0n wrote:
I really didn't like any of the boss battles. My favorite part was when you were riding the Brumak. I was afraid they were going to make it cheesy and not feel like you were riding on some kind of pre-historic dinosaur. However, I think they did an awesome job of encapsulating this into an action packed 5 minutes.

Yeah me too. After you play the Skorge Battle more than once it loses its "magic".
The Brumak mission does kick ass especially the part when you have to fight off the Corpser and you end up whooping his ass. That part was awesome.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:00 pm 

DecibaL wrote:
Yeah me too. After you play the Skorge Battle more than once it loses its "magic".
The Brumak mission does kick ass especially the part when you have to fight off the Corpser and you end up whooping his ass. That part was awesome.

I totally forgot, ALL of the Corpser fights were complete let downs. From Gears 1, I was like, "..I sink him in Emulsion? ..That's it?" The trend continued in Gears 2 unfortunately. Such a waste of an awesome enemy imo.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:58 pm 
COG Staff Sergeant
COG Staff Sergeant

The leviathan. It was just plain fun. It reminded me alot of the giant lake monster from Resident Evil 4.