Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/common.php on line 103
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 414

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 414

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 96

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 96

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2994: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2995: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2996: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2997: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
Gears of War 2 Forums

It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:23 pm
Welcome to the Gears of War 2 Community Forum...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before you can post Comments / Threads you must first Register with our community. It takes 2 minutes of your time, and will give you access to Member Only content, as well as bring you to an eligible state for our current, and upcoming contests/giveaways.

• Up to date news on Gears of War 2 before we upload to other sites
  • Chat about Gears of War 2 in our brand new Shoutbox for members only!
  • Access special areas in the forum only available to registered members
  • Have a range of new skins to choose from.
  • Finally make friends and have fun discussion all things Gears of War 2!
  • Post and make new threads without being flamed,
  • Post Safe knowing our forums are fully moderated 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
  • Registered members get Credits every time they post! You can use these Credits towards contests and game giveaways!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Register Today!
Disable This Message!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Gamesta COD247 - All Call of Duty, All the Time MW4 Forum

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: OFFICIAL: Matchmaking Fix - Title Update #1
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:25 pm 
COG Private First Class
COG Private First Class

ya ranking system has a few flaws i've sein my friends win matches have more more kills than deaths and lose a rank and a friend of mine joined a public horde and lost a rank diddnt even start it yet just joined and went down to a 3 from a 4

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:00 pm 

Ik0n wrote:
Quote:
Hey all,

I’m happy to announce that this morning, at 3:40 AM PST, we released a title update that should help with the current matchmaking issues. In order to get the update out as quickly as possible, we focused just on immediate infrastructure issues and have left any potential gameplay issues for a future update. Here’s what’s in today’s title update:

- Adjustments to make Public matchmaking faster, especially in the single player party and the four player party case. Some of these adjustments should be felt immediately and some will play out over several days as our update enables us to reduce player segmentation by reducing the number of servers required to do matchmaking. This will increase the number of possible matches available for you to join.

- A tweak that should prevent us from losing some of our additional detailed stats data that we gather for gearsofwar.com. Due to the large number of concurrent matches, our stats gathering servers were not able to collect data for every single match played. The Xbox LIVE leaderboards are 100% accurate but our existing stats web pages may have some missing data prior to the update.

- A fix to address the issue where some players were unable to start the story-based campaign if Xbox LIVE was down or unavailable.

Something to keep in mind, if you have been playing Gears 2 since the title update was made available, then you will need to restart the game in order to be prompted for the update. If you don’t do this, then a situation will occur where people without the update will not be able to match make with people who have the update. This has nothing to do with the game or this update in particular, just the way the title update system works.

We want to thank everyone for their patience during this time and we will continue to monitor the situation. We’re hopeful that the matchmaking issues we’ve seen up till now are a thing of the past.

Thanks,

Rod.

SOURCE

Taken straight from the EPIC forums. I'm hopeful for a game update soon.

Hopefully they fix more than just the matchmaking later on.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:58 pm 
COG Sergeant
COG Sergeant

i love how the game has so many freakin problems and THIS random nothing is what they fix first.

way to have your priorities lined up epic!

Team Website: Team3K.webs.com
Comment/Rate/Join

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:33 pm 
COG Sergeant
COG Sergeant

Sh1zZlEz wrote:
This patch has F*&%$# me now, thats it done. I cant play what so ever, every game is laggy for me, i havent had a normal game for 2 days straight, I cant even play horde. This is in the morning to so most people are UK/Europe.
What the hell........ LOL

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:01 am 
COG Private First Class
COG Private First Class

YEA RIGHT!!!! LOL NICE FIX. IT STILL SUCKS

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:39 am 
COG Gunnery Sergeant
COG Gunnery Sergeant

thhe matchmaking is soo much better with 1 or 4 man teams

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:50 pm 
COG Private First Class
COG Private First Class

Ok...it's been a few months now......and I figured I'd write my opinion of Gears 2.

Pre- release I was pretty excited about a new gears game......however, that excitement turned to WTF!!

Here are my issues.
1. I always had a high rank in gears one. So, when gears 2 came out I was like i'm going for the top of the leaderboard in warzone...hahaha. Well I soon found out, this was a dream. You don't even know what game type you're gonna be playing = GARBAGE

2. You never know the connection of the room you're gonna end up in. Which in a lot of cases has horrible lag. Nice if we knew this pre game!! It just causes more people to quit = GARBAGE

3.Ranking system. I've been given explanations to how it works. You need to be a rocket scientist to figure it out = GARBAGE

I really think epic put a bunch of Chimps in a room to come up with these horrible ideas.

Now....the party system is a plus. Game play is .....at best equal to gears 1. Maybe slightly better if at all?

PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THESE ISSUES. IT REALLY MAKES THE GAME LESS FUN THAN GEARS 1. AND IT'S ALL ABOUT THE FUN!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:26 pm 
COG Master Gunnery Sergeant
COG Master Gunnery Sergeant

gears2sux wrote:
AND IT'S ALL ABOUT THE FUN!!!

Unfortunately it's all about profits and expenses.

If you were a game developer, would you tailor your game to the "core" group of players who claim to be loyal to the game, or try to make as much money as you can?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:42 pm 

Hopefully the new patch doesn't make the game worse because if Cliffy B doesn't save his precious game now then bye bye Gears of War 2. [calm.gif]

Hopefully thats not the case because Gears of War 2 is awesome and everything except that it has to many mistakes.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:46 am 
COG Lance Corporal
COG Lance Corporal
 YIM  Profile

gears2sux wrote:
Ok...it's been a few months now......and I figured I'd write my opinion of Gears 2.

Pre- release I was pretty excited about a new gears game......however, that excitement turned to WTF!!

Here are my issues.
1. I always had a high rank in gears one. So, when gears 2 came out I was like i'm going for the top of the leaderboard in warzone...hahaha. Well I soon found out, this was a dream. You don't even know what game type you're gonna be playing = GARBAGE

2. You never know the connection of the room you're gonna end up in. Which in a lot of cases has horrible lag. Nice if we knew this pre game!! It just causes more people to quit = GARBAGE

3.Ranking system. I've been given explanations to how it works. You need to be a rocket scientist to figure it out = GARBAGE

I really think epic put a bunch of Chimps in a room to come up with these horrible ideas.

Now....the party system is a plus. Game play is .....at best equal to gears 1. Maybe slightly better if at all?

PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THESE ISSUES. IT REALLY MAKES THE GAME LESS FUN THAN GEARS 1. AND IT'S ALL ABOUT THE FUN!!!

I agree with you man.

I'll just go off your rage with a indept weapons breakdown....atleast on the lamer ones. [sarcasm.gif]

First up, the chainsaw melee: [glare.gif] this is by far the most overly newbtastic weapon in the game.

In the first game you could easily be knocked out of your melee attempt but if you got it off, you were invincible till the end of the chainsaw motion. But now it's almost vice versa it seems to be damn near impossible to stop anybody coming at you with a revved up chainsaw, and the chainsaw seems to have an uncanny vacuum effect whenever it's revved. I've been caught after shooting guys at point blank range with aimed shotgun blasts to the chest/torso area followed by a swift back roll.....and still got sucked right in. It wouldn’t bother me so much if they made it as easy as the first game to stall it out. That vacuum effect doesn’t really even bother me. Just give me something to work with to put a stop to chainsaw whores aside from running away from their lame asses. I wanna put em’ under my boot like the cockroaches that they are and make em’ think twice before eeevvvvveeerrrrrrrr running in blindly with that damn chainsaw against me. [dwarf.gif] I mean it’s really bad when even the elite players have to turn and run when they see some newb running up with a revved chainsaw. [calm.gif]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next