Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/common.php on line 103
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 414

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 414

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 96

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 96
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2994: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2995: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2996: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2997: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
Gears of War 2 Forums

It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:00 pm
Welcome to the Gears of War 2 Community Forum...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before you can post Comments / Threads you must first Register with our community. It takes 2 minutes of your time, and will give you access to Member Only content, as well as bring you to an eligible state for our current, and upcoming contests/giveaways.

• Up to date news on Gears of War 2 before we upload to other sites
  • Chat about Gears of War 2 in our brand new Shoutbox for members only!
  • Access special areas in the forum only available to registered members
  • Have a range of new skins to choose from.
  • Finally make friends and have fun discussion all things Gears of War 2!
  • Post and make new threads without being flamed,
  • Post Safe knowing our forums are fully moderated 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
  • Registered members get Credits every time they post! You can use these Credits towards contests and game giveaways!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Register Today!
Disable This Message!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Gamesta COD247 - All Call of Duty, All the Time MW4 Forum

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

Do you find this topic to be true? Pleas vote
A. The information in this topic is true and needs addressed 100%  100%  [ 6 ]
B. I like being cheated don't fix anything 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C. I already quit this game do to cheaters 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 6

Post subject: Everyone Please Look at this. Techs / Players
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:23 am 
COG Private First Class
COG Private First Class

I would first like to say thank you for reading this.

The problems below are affecting myself and 19 others personally that i play with on gears of war 2. 1 of which just quit last night for good. We are all going to quit very soon if the problems aren't addressed. Its bad when there is a tutorial on how to lag out the game with a $1.00 switch you can pick up from the local hardware lol.

PROBLEM 1: As everyone knows everyday there are more and more players using a lagging trick called bridging or standby. This is a cheat to lag the system so that only the host can move and the other team cannot.

ANSWER 1: To the problem: Pseudo code ( if connection ping level = xxxx then display message connection level has dropped below normal would you like to leave press b ) Why would this be so hard? This gives players a free way out. Right now there only option is to leave or stay and get cheated.

PROBLEM 2: If you start to beat someone and there HOST, they quit. I myself and 3 of my friends played 7 games straight and the host quit. It gets very annoying to play a game you can't even play.

ANSWER 2: To the problem: Pseudo code ( If connection = lost ) ( then reconfigure to new host) This could also work for the standby problem above. If the connection is bad change the host in the game.

I am aware that this has probably been addressed several times, but my question is why is nothing being done about it. Where is the guy making 200k a year that is suppose to be dealing with this? You can't tell me that you can't fix this.

If we wanted to be cheated we would go back to halo 2.

PROBLEM 3: The new patch is making it so quiting is going to be harder on the player/ give him a penalty for quiting. Well if we are getting cheated in the higher ranks 9 out of 10 games how are we even going to be able to play this game at all? Should we stay and waste are night or quit and lose are rank and points?

ANSWER 3: Fix the problems above and it will allow everyone a way to be happy.

This pretty much concludes what I and probably the rest of gears of wars 2 players need done because this is ridiculous to even try to play this game.

Post subject: Re: Everyone Please Look at this. Techs / Players
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:05 pm 
COG Master Gunnery Sergeant

Your solutions are almost exactly along the lines of what I think myself. Except for your last solution. What if losses did not count towards your record at all if you stayed through the whole game? Only if you quit would you be penalized. This gives a saving grace for those stuck with a cheating host, etc. In addition, boost up the reward for winning a match with MVP status (most points) to 1.5. What I mean is, a win is worth 1, a loss is worth 0, a quit is worth -1, and a win + MVP is worth 1.5.

You might say "But now everyone is just going to be cheating all the time!" Not with the new ping check system! If your ping is very low for an extended period of time, while other players' pings are unnaturally high, you will be disconnected from the game, and suffer the -1 penalty. Conversely, if your ping is exceptionally high while the other players are normal, the "Your connection to the host may prevent you from fighting on an even playing field. Would you like to return to the lobby without penalty?" message would pop up.

And now, you might say "But people will just throw up their lag switch when they want to leave without the quit penalty." As is the solution to almost every other issue with the game, little checks could be performed in the code to observe ping. If you have had a bad connection since the lobby, and no drastic changes in connection speed have occurred, you'll get to leave. But if you randomly spike up 1000 ms in the middle of the match, it's pretty obvious you're standbying, and thus you'd only be suffering yourself.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:22 pm 
COG Private First Class
COG Private First Class

Unromantic wrote:
Your solutions are almost exactly along the lines of what I think myself. Except for your last solution. What if losses did not count towards your record at all if you stayed through the whole game? Only if you quit would you be penalized. This gives a saving grace for those stuck with a cheating host, etc. In addition, boost up the reward for winning a match with MVP status (most points) to 1.5. What I mean is, a win is worth 1, a loss is worth 0, a quit is worth -1, and a win + MVP is worth 1.5.

You might say "But now everyone is just going to be cheating all the time!" Not with the new ping check system! If your ping is very low for an extended period of time, while other players' pings are unnaturally high, you will be disconnected from the game, and suffer the -1 penalty. Conversely, if your ping is exceptionally high while the other players are normal, the "Your connection to the host may prevent you from fighting on an even playing field. Would you like to return to the lobby without penalty?" message would pop up.

And now, you might say "But people will just throw up their lag switch when they want to leave without the quit penalty." As is the solution to almost every other issue with the game, little checks could be performed in the code to observe ping. If you have had a bad connection since the lobby, and no drastic changes in connection speed have occurred, you'll get to leave. But if you randomly spike up 1000 ms in the middle of the match, it's pretty obvious you're standbying, and thus you'd only be suffering yourself.

I do understand what you mean, however i do like the competition in the game. So your saying that losses shouldn't count at all? If that was the case this game might drop down in standing competition with other games.

All i know is something must be done. Either they need to hire someone who knows what there doing or everyone there needs to get together and think of a solution. I can tell there working on some stuff now, because i was shield glitched today and i could still see the shield in the persons hands. However the person had a flame thrower lol. I would think that a bug like that would be harder to fix then a cheating standby problem.

Another huge problem would be bridgers. I am not sure if they can put a call in before the game to show high ping, because they are forcing host not pinging it out.

However i could care less who has host just as i can play without being cheated by a invisible person or standbyers.

There are people who even began to mod.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:42 pm 

mboley370 wrote:
I do understand what you mean, however i do like the competition in the game. So your saying that losses shouldn't count at all? If that was the case this game might drop down in standing competition with other games.

All i know is something must be done. Either they need to hire someone who knows what there doing or everyone there needs to get together and think of a solution. I can tell there working on some stuff now, because i was shield glitched today and i could still see the shield in the persons hands. However the person had a flame thrower lol. I would think that a bug like that would be harder to fix then a cheating standby problem.

Another huge problem would be bridgers. I am not sure if they can put a call in before the game to show high ping, because they are forcing host not pinging it out.

However i could care less who has host just as i can play without being cheated by a invisible person or standbyers.

There are people who even began to mod.

Well.. yes, you could say the competition might be reduced, but honestly.. What kind of competition IS there? All we have now is five ranks that for the life of me I cannot figure out how they behave. And besides, Gamebattles and MLG aren't going to stop tournaments and ladders, etc.

Also, regarding the shield glitch, it would actually be really easy to fix. The game was written in C++, so I assume there is a Boomshield class, a pistol class, a grenade class, etc. for the rest of the weapons. It would be relatively simple to include a function when the "Pickup Boomshield" action is executed. If (weapon != classPistol::pistolType); pickupBoomshield = false.

I haven't exactly looked at the code myself, so I don't know if the programmers stayed on top of their exceptions and functions, so it may or may not be as easy as this.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:13 pm 
COG Private First Class
COG Private First Class

fair play to u mate..i tottaly agree with wat u said...plus i wud like to know why i cant download the flashback maps cause it says that the download is not available in my location which i find frustrating and unfair

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]