Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/common.php on line 103
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 414

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 414

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 96

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/moyer921/gearsofwar2forums.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 96
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2994: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2995: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2996: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2997: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:103)
Gears of War 2 Forums

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:13 am
Welcome to the Gears of War 2 Community Forum...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before you can post Comments / Threads you must first Register with our community. It takes 2 minutes of your time, and will give you access to Member Only content, as well as bring you to an eligible state for our current, and upcoming contests/giveaways.

• Up to date news on Gears of War 2 before we upload to other sites
  • Chat about Gears of War 2 in our brand new Shoutbox for members only!
  • Access special areas in the forum only available to registered members
  • Have a range of new skins to choose from.
  • Finally make friends and have fun discussion all things Gears of War 2!
  • Post and make new threads without being flamed,
  • Post Safe knowing our forums are fully moderated 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
  • Registered members get Credits every time they post! You can use these Credits towards contests and game giveaways!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Register Today!
Disable This Message!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Gamesta COD247 - All Call of Duty, All the Time MW4 Forum

Post subject: To the Halo Haters...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:30 pm 
COG Sergeant
COG Sergeant

You have no reason to hate Halo, but I'm not saying you don't have an opinion. They're almost completely different games...It's how good they both are that makes you think which one is better, even though they are in different genres. Doesn't that make you like Halo a little more? I sure hope so.

Halo was the most popular game in history, and racked the most money in the fastest amount of time. GOW2 was great..But was it frontpage on MSN or Comcast? Was EVERYONE talking about it? (Not saying nobody did) Nope. So Halo was better at GOW on something...nothing big though. Popularity. Just to make you like it more, nothing big gameplay wise. Why? Because they're completely different games in different genres. You can't love one and hate the other, or hate them both. The only solution is to like them both which is what this short essay is all about!

Next, you can't even begin to talk about one of the games unless you have played them. (Atleast, talk trash about them) You can't say "LOLOLHALOSUCKSLOLMONKEY" until you played it, and you can't say "GEARS OF WAR IS A DUMB NAME WTF A GEAR IS A PART OF A ROBOT NUBLET". You would have to play the game to learn why its called Gears. Talk trash about GOW's name with GOW fanboys, and they will bomb you because they know more than you do. Don't you want to change that? Then play it! You shouldn't have made fun of GOW in the first place if you haven't played it!

And on to Halo. "HALO? THAT'S A THING ON AN ANGEL'S HEAD LOLWTF LOLMONKEYCOPTER!" No. Play the game, then you would know. Yupyup. "Oh, but wait!" You ask. "Where is the stuff about gameplay? I know all this stuff! Tell me why they are both good!" Here is why. Gameplay does not count, because they are different genres of games. The other things count; like popularity, time spent on the game, resources, money gained...

Finally, the main dish. The review of both games...The other parts of them. Halo wins epicly in Popularity and money, but GOW was close. That gives GOW some points, too. Both games took around the same amount of time to ship, so I wont give either of the games points for that statistic. They also spent the same amount of resources, but Halo got in more money.

So, there you have it. Halo is the better game...without looking at the game itself, because if you do you lie to yourself. GOW got in big time close, so you still shouldn't hate that either. You shouldn't at all on a GOW forum. Anyway, don't trust what I said in the above paragraph. I probably made some big mistakes anyway, but I came pretty close in saying Halo was the winner.

In the end, we all have our opinions. And this tiny essay is a big opinion, an opinion trying to change others'. And in the end, we are all entitled to our opinions.

Post subject: Re: To the Halo Haters...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:55 pm 
COG Master Gunnery Sergeant

GearCommando wrote:
Doesn't that make you like Halo a little more? I sure hope so.

Stopped reading right here. Welcome to the GEARS OF WAR forums.

Halo forums are that way --->

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:02 pm 
COG Sergeant
COG Sergeant

Read the whole thing, its worth your time.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:58 pm 

i read it all.
and i still think halo is a kids game with a bit of teenage fags and some pedo's.
Trust me i played the game,and yeah 80 percent of the people that play halo are kids.
gameplay = garbage

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:34 am 
COG Sergeant Major
COG Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

i got bannede from H3F on purrpose 5 times.
Z is a retard. and halo3 is done next year anyway, its gonna be old news.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:04 am 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

There was a guy who killed his mother and attempted to kill his dad when they took his Halo game away. That is an example of the sort of people on Halo, not to mention the 12 year olds. Anyway apart from the people online on Halo its isn't that bad a game. Gears pwns though.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:34 am 
COG Sergeant Major
COG Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

agreed.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:35 am 

Reborn Crisis wrote:
There was a guy who killed his mother and attempted to kill his dad when they took his Halo game away. That is an example of the sort of people on Halo, not to mention the 12 year olds. Anyway apart from the people online on Halo its isn't that bad a game. Gears pwns though.

Couldn't agree more ^-^

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:46 am 

I also remember reading about a kid in Canada who ran away from home and later froze to death because his mom wouldn't let him play Call of Duty 4. Kids these days.....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:27 am 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Yeah and they end up blaming the kids or the games themselves and not the parents, the childs upbringing etc. If a child is that addicted to games then the parents should know to do something like get him help.

An example of this is when they banned Manhunt because a kid acted out something in the game by killing people. It was clearly not the games fault the guy obviously has serious issues.